Thread: What Have You Bought Now!!!???

A new watch...

"If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Silva Ranger S mirror compass.
    This one was completely unvolutarily. I was going for my first SAR training wich was basic use of map and compass + GPS, and they asked that I bring my own compass. And of course mine was gone from the "get-out-and have-a brew" bag. So it was a quick run to Clas Ohlson, and get whatever they had, which was this one. Good choice as it is what the rest of them had as well...hehe

Well, well, the old one did have a bubble problem under certain conditions anyway. But it was £20 that I could have used for something else.
    But okay, at least I have a pretty make-up mirror :-)
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Lol I wish I had your expendable budget mate

He'll need an expendable budget as a sar volunteer
    [

Lol I think he has everything now, just look back through this thread.

Above and beyond

Maybe ;-)
    [

A cracker

Hah!,
    I've seen their ware house now. It is full of kit for lend. And they have told me not to invest in anything, at least not until I am sure this is the thing for me.
    And yes, I do have everything. Unless I start to fall into SAR fashion items...

He looked at the web shop for the mother organisation. High visibility west...£15. High visibillity west with pockets...£60. I know wich one I'll get....the one they loan out to the noobs :-)

Anyway, going on my first thing with them next weekend. They are the medics for a large winter sport event, so I'll lend a hand. I do not have the official first aid course yet, so I'll be tehre to be lost, found, lost again, be in the way, get confused, and try to learn something while I make terrible tea for everyone so they never ask me to do it again...

But they will get to look over my kit, and tell me if I need anything, but tiold me if there is anything, they probably have some to lend me... :-)

Sp whatever I spend will be because I fall for some SAR community fashion... i.e, got to have a high visibility west with pockets!
    Last edited by FishyFolk; 04-03-2015 at 10:26 PM.
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Quote Originally Posted by Ehecatl View Post
    A new watch...

I've got one of the shock resistant models (T49451, I think)...still ticking, it's on my wrist every time I go out . It's a shame the outdoor shops don't sell these here, they are an incredible bang for your $.
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin