Thread: What Have You Bought Now!!!???

Following my years of travelling and canoeing to remote locations and doing outreach work - namely feeding starving and underprivileged midges and mosquitos,

I have finally acquired one of these…….

Last edited by TreefrogGB; 04-07-2013 at 04:14 PM.
    when we destroy something created by man we call it vandalism, but when we destroy something created by nature we call it progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Savage View Post
    Still near the top of my price range. I'm sure I could be a Yorkshireman with a little more training

Are you sure, it does involve dreesing up in sunday best flat cap and clogs, and self flagellation with a bag of tripe whilst reciting 'Dunt thee, tha me..Thee, tha thissen n see 'ow tha likes it' and 'Ear all, see all, say nowt. Eyt all, sup all, pay nowt, n if tha ivver dus owt for nowt, mak sure tha duz it fo' thissen'

[

Quote Originally Posted by TreefrogGB View Post
    Following my years of travelling and canoeing to remote locations and doing outreach work - namely feeding starving and underprivileged midges and mosquitos,

I have finally acquired one of these…….

I likey...a lottie......BTW where did you get your fireside tent from
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper View Post
    I likey...a lottie......BTW where did you get your fireside tent from
    From http://www.scandinavianoutdoorstore....eet/laavu-pro/

Got mine on sale a couple of years ago at €89 though, it's gone up quite a bit since
    when we destroy something created by man we call it vandalism, but when we destroy something created by nature we call it progress.

a nice big chunk of antique ivory.........now what to make!
    www.jacksshed.co.uk A country living forum to compliment your bushcraft way of life.

Quote Originally Posted by snowleopard View Post
    3x150x500 sheet of O1 tool steel. Plenty of knives coming up soon!
    Have a piece of 1/4" x 6" x 18" sat in my workshop. It's been there for nearly a year, waiting to be made into a kukri
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel

Have a piece of 1/4" x 6" x 18" sat in my workshop. It's been there for nearly a year, waiting to be made into a kukri
    BIIIIIGGGGGG piece of steel!
    Check out my leatherwork: http://snowleopardleathergoods.jimdo.com
    Thanks,

Joel

Quote Originally Posted by snowleopard View Post
    BIIIIIGGGGGG piece of steel!

Not really.....6.25 x 152.4 x 457.2 mm so about 3 mm thicker, 2mm wider and 3mm shorter... than yours......Its grim when us wrinklies still work in imperial measurements isnt it ?

and for those that wanted to see Adam has finished my belt...

Attachment 9274
    Last edited by Silverback; 04-07-2013 at 06:26 PM.
    [

Not really.....6.25 x 152.4 x 457.2 mm so about 3 mm thicker, 2mm wider and 3mm shorter... than yours......Its grim when us wrinklies still work in imperial measurements isnt it ?
    I used to work in both imp and met in the joinery trade, still do with O1 ground flat stock. My supplier supplies both ranges of sizes, so helps to know which is the nearest size for what you want

and for those that wanted to see Adam has finished my belt...

Attachment 9274
    Hope it will go tight enough for you bud, it's a good length of leather there lol.
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel

I used to work in both imp and met in the joinery trade, still do with O1 ground flat stock. My supplier supplies both ranges of sizes, so helps to know which is the nearest size for what you want

Hope it will go tight enough for you bud, it's a good length of leather there lol.
    Good I have a fair circumference of waist for it to encircle. Its mainly to go on the outside of any jacket/shirt im wearing TBH so it should be Ok - once again cheers
    [