Thread: What Have You Bought Now!!!???

Just got a proaction tiger paws 1 man tent off ebay.

I have the newer (& very orange!) version the hike lite. Absolutely love it & a steal when I got it for £15 in the argos sale.

Not been able to find anything as good, on a budget, as these. They regularly sell for £50 used however the tiger paws I bought today is apparently brand new & a steal at £16 delivered!

Hope it comes when the wife's at work 😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Silkhi View Post
    Ooh those look nice - please let me know what you think ^^
    Should be here within next week or so
    "Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!​​"

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    I was given a brand new sealed reel *free of charge of Kelty trip tease lightline. The colour is bright orange with silver reflective flecks throughout. https://www.kelty.com/product/triptease-lightline I'm going to use some of this for tent & basha guy lines maybe create some plaited lanyards for knives etc.. I've traded a few meters with fellow Bushcrafters. No photo's as yet, image from the Kelty website.
    Regards
    David

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Reflective Cord.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	13389

Quote Originally Posted by David_JAFO View Post
    hello,
    I was given a brand new sealed reel *free of charge of Kelty trip tease lightline. The colour is bright orange with silver reflective flecks throughout. https://www.kelty.com/product/triptease-lightline I'm going to use some of this for tent & basha guy lines maybe create some plaited lanyards for knives etc.. I've traded a few meters with fellow Bushcrafters. No photo's as yet, image from the Kelty website.
    Regards
    David

Name:	Reflective Cord.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	13389
    ALways nice to have som line. I just got some avalance cord from the SAR depot. It's a nylon tape with arrows pointing in one direction and the idea is that you tie it around your waist when
    crossing avalanche prone terrain. If you get hit and burried, some of the line will stay above the snow and the rescue crew can follow them to dig you out. But it's strong stuff so the SAR team use them for all sorts of stuff. Anyway, nice to have a length of that in my SAR pack :-)
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

One with Nature
    hello,
    Thanks for the reply Rune. Yes I've seen that line to which you refer for SAR use. Got a trade off with a few feet of this with another Bushcrafter for use with a Basha. The remainder cord hanks are for various other uses & guy lines nearly gone. BTW I love your Norway flag embossed Kuksa.
    Regards
    David

Quote Originally Posted by FishyFolk View Post
    ALways nice to have som line. I just got some avalance cord from the SAR depot. It's a nylon tape with arrows pointing in one direction and the idea is that you tie it around your waist when crossing avalanche prone terrain. If you get hit and burried, some of the line will stay above the snow and the rescue crew can follow them to dig you out. But it's strong stuff so the SAR team use them for all sorts of stuff. Anyway, nice to have a length of that in my SAR pack :-)

Samuel Hearne
    This morning at a boot fare I bought another rucksack a Karrimor Jaguar s75 its in good order with no repairs or needing repairing I did get it to use for repairing another rucksack (Bergan) that someone decided to ruin by cutting off the belt and shortening some of the straps.

Suaoki solar lantern ,charging,waterproof and SOS .I bought it last week and took it to go outdoor yesterday,worked very well and saved my cellphone .

One with Nature
    hello,
    A replacement for both my other DPM & Multicam EDC kitbag with a Condor Outdoor EDC Shoulder Bag in Multicam & a 100ft shank of desert cam 550 paracord.
    Regards
    David

Name:	Condor Outdoor EDC Shoulder Bag Multicam.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	13406

Quote Originally Posted by David_JAFO View Post
    hello,
    A replacement for both my other DPM & Multicam EDC kitbag with a Condor Outdoor EDC Shoulder Bag in Multicam & a 100ft shank of desert cam 550 paracord.
    Regards
    David

Name:	Condor Outdoor EDC Shoulder Bag Multicam.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	13406
    I have a similar one. Mine fits a my wood gas stove, GSI kettle and kuksa in the main compartment, and inside the kettle I got tea, sugar, barbecue spice and pepper + some instant soups and cocoa.
    Mine has a bottle holder/pocket on the side that sits a 0.5 liter Camelbak bottle perfectly. On the other side there is a pocket where I keep my hi-tech fire kit in a small water prrof bag. Behind this there is perfect space for my knife secured with a carbine. Front lid pocket holds my FAK. The zippered pocket behind the main room contains map, compass and whistle. There is a pocket on the sling that is perfect for my leatherman tool. I keep my leuku under the lid secured with another carbine. , and sometimes my littlle wetterlings axe(and or forlding saw.

It's the bag I use the most, and it's been my get out for a walk bag for 3 years now, always packed, always hanging in the hallway, ready to grab and go whenever I feel the urge :-)
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Quote Originally Posted by FishyFolk View Post
    The army had me playing with radios, and since then I have been working with them, and most likely will again if I get the kind of work I am after once my degree is in place.
    And when I participated in that SAR excercise the other day, I also handle comms. That was probably like an old circus horse smelling saw dust, as now I have ordered a couple of cheap chinese VHF/UHF dual band radios, and enlisted in a HAM course to get a licence so that I can TX legally with them. Plenty of repeaters to trigger in the area. I could always only use them on licence free frequencies, but that would be boring, asthats where all the toy radios are are, so I imagine they are full of kids..

Anyway, it's been 25 years since I went trough the theory in the army, so nice with a refresh :-)
    Good luck my friend, all the best, you will smash it.

73 DE M0ZAV