Page 1 of 646 123456789101151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: What Have You Bought Now!!!???

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar

What Have You Bought Now!!!???

How many times have you brought a new purchase home, or opened the latest packet from your favourite online retailer only to be slapped down by the wife, or whoever, with that classic phrase 'What have you bought now?' Alternatively, if you don't have a wife and you just want to share your excitement with someone who gives a monkeys about it then this is the place for you.

When you buy a new piece of kit, whatever it is why not tell us all about it here? Why you bought it? What it does? How much of a bargain it was or, something you'd never tell the wife, why it wasn't a bargain but you had to have it anyway.

Over to you guys. What you bought today?

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

I just got a DDTarp XL then I read the Forum and thought oppss its a bit big
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses

Optimus NOVA+ w. both 0.6 and 1.0 fuel bottles

Already considering an Optimus Svea 123R, just becuse it is so retro awesome - and quite shiny aswell

Maria doesn't mind me buying loads of gear, as long as she get's to play with it aswell.

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    I got my 12cm Zebra Billy as well as eight Exped dry bags in various sizes and colours. I'm particularly pleased with the dry bags as the largest size takes my Snugpak Elite 4 sleeping bag. Will be able to organise my pack so much better now with everything sorted into separate bags which will save me rumaging around in the bottom of a black rucksack liner in future.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Crusader Cooking System + free extras & Issue Osprey Bottle. Happy with water bottle and two cups but stove part, its a bit,bit well rubbish. comes with a nice big pouch. I know i can do something with the pouch but what ?
    Last edited by Martin; 24-01-2011 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Swearing

Barbour Tyne Crew Neck Sweater. Wanted one for ages. And it's still cold.

Tribal Elder
    Flask, pans and socks....

Alone in the Wilderness
    Well I bit the bullet and treated myself to late Christmas present of Granfors Bruks Scandanavian Forest Axe, beautiful , Bahco Laplander Saw, crusader cooker (hope it's not as bad as Mark says!) and a new Norgie cos I found a shop that sold a fat barsteward sized one at last
    Last edited by Martin; 24-01-2011 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Swearing

a little Indian Tiffin Tin (3 tier) - pretty nifty actually - was tempted into it after Steve's recent purchase of same.

My Wife said "Haven't you got enought pots/pans...etc already ?"

Ah yes I said... but this is different...!

I don't think she really bought that excuse but anyway I changed the subject and I think I got away with it.

Bought a 500gram/sq. mtr poly filled sleeping bag cheap in the Argos end of..end of sale (assuming it's 3 season but it doesn't say) 2 days previously and a similar dialogue ensued with my wife...!

Paul.
    Last edited by paul standley; 24-01-2011 at 04:11 PM.
    Don't sweat the small stuff - and it's ALL small stuff...!

Quote Originally Posted by Fletching View Post
    Barbour Tyne Crew Neck Sweater. Wanted one for ages. And it's still cold.
    ...just got a call from Barbour about my order...no stock until at least April!!!

...won't be needing it then (hopefully).

Steve