Thread: What Have You Bought Now!!!???

Natural Born Bushcrafter Midge_Fodder's Avatar

This, it means I can use my Hex-drive auger bits. Mother wants me to make her a gate from split sweet chestnut, joints will be socket and peg. Quite looking forward to the project if I'm honest.
    Border Bushcrafters

Isn't it nice when someone says "that's a great piece of kit, where did you buy that", then you can modestly reply "you can't buy it, I made it myself". The moral is, it's amazing what you can achieve if you put your mind to it.

"No better burden can a man carry on the road, than a store of common sense." - Hávamál: 10

http://midgefodderbushcraft.blogspot.co.uk

just picked up one of these it's just what I wanted.

Paint and varnish stripper and a Cold Steel Frontier tomahawk
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Wanderer
    I've just got these new books

And food for free

Considering its size the food for free is bril....as are the others
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

I love the Collins gems. not as detailed as the full guides but you can actually carry a few of them without breaking your back. I sometimes have to lug a few of the full field guides around and it's not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Pootle View Post
    I love the Collins gems. not as detailed as the full guides but you can actually carry a few of them without breaking your back. I sometimes have to lug a few of the full field guides around and it's not fun.
    Take the ebook on ereader/tablet?
    "Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!​​"

Wanderer
    I only order them on late Thursday night and they came yesterday a a little look through them and very impressed with the amount of information in them.

Finally bit the bullet and ordered a Wenger Ranger Grip 79 :-)
    http://www.topsecret.no/products/wen...gergrip-79821x

Been wanting a larger swiss knife, and the saw on these are suppose to be very good. Was really drooling at the wood handled Wenger Ranger Wood 55, whicj is the same knife. But it is more expensive, and hard to find in Norway.

This will be a fine addition to my kit, for when I become active in the Rescue organisation I just joined too. I do not think I want a belt knife for that. So this will be a more discreet option :-)
    Then sapper has tipped me about another type of knife that is more rescue specific...but waiting until I am more settled in, and know that I will keep this up :-)
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Me Cold Steel Frontier Hawk just came in, it's 'freakin AWESOME

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP6348.JPG 
Views:	294 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	13050

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP6350.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	13051

I'm quite surprised with the quality. The helve had near perfect grain orientation, and it didn't appear to be coated with a lacquer, but rather a wax finish. The edge itself wasn't too sharp, but the angle was just about spot on. Oh, and it make short work of a seasoned hickory log without any prior edge refining on my part .
    I do believe I found myself a lightweight alternative to my Gränsfors Small Forest Axe. Now to do some modding ....
    Last edited by OakAshandThorn; 26-02-2015 at 08:00 PM. Reason: pics
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin