Thread: What Have You Bought Now!!!???

Alone in the Wilderness
    I hope so Pootle. I'm hoping the side pockets on straps will be useful for bumbling about.

They are in theory but never used them like that.
    word of warning though, I found the bag took a bit of breaking in. The straps are quite stiff and can get a bit sore if you're in them all day straight away. They will get comfier though.

Alone in the Wilderness
    That's a sound bit of advice, thanks. I had planned short hauls with lots of weight to start with, and then progress to having it on longer with less load (in other words: will not venture to far as I'm inexperienced and will have too much kit, then as I learn I will go further out with less kit because I have worked what I really need and I will probably end up buying things to replace parts of my kit to make it lighter LOL )

I bought the pack from shop-outdoors, it was apparantly the 2016 variety. When I asked the vendor they said that the straps have been improved (stronger, softer or what, I do not know). Also they are not able to get the bags direct from Berghaus as they have done in the past, it now comes from a distributer in Europe (again details on this is sketchy). All in all this seems to make the bag a little more expensive than it's predecessor, but I thought I will only be wondering if the straps were better if I had not gotten the newer one.
    Besides after a few emails with the shop, I felt more at ease that I was buying from a reliable vendor. I'm still at the mercy of parcelforce48 for waiting on this. Dispatched the 9th but there are no signs of them delivering.
    Last edited by Northan; 11-03-2016 at 07:28 AM.

Samuel Hearne
    Have just got back from holiday in Cyprus while I was there I bought a new Victornox its called the camper it has a main blade, small blade, saw, tin opener, bottle opener, awl, corkscrew, and the usual tooth pick, tweezers and screwdriver blades.

Tribesman
    Bought a Optimus lantern, at the local auction last night.
    Just need to read up on them now
    Nobody wins, unless everybody wins

New berghaus centurio 30 ruckie for me today. Impulse buy but a bargain so couldn't resist!
    If there are no women around and a man says something, is he still wrong?

Between Savernake forest and Avebury stone circle
    Bought a Japanese whetstone, DBL sided(1000/6000) for easy storage... King brand?
    Sharpened my bushy with it and it's scary sharp now!
    My old DMT diamond dual is rubbish compared to this...

Very pleased with it indeed...
    Mirror finish on .
    Block plane and chisels next on sharpening list...
    Also making a storage/transport box for the sharpening kit et all...
    Result

got a hulafors classic hunters axe for my birthday. what a beauty. especially as ive been getting by with a five quid hatchet from the garden centre for the past 8 yrs or so. This is gonna be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Pootle View Post
    got a hulafors classic hunters axe for my birthday. what a beauty. especially as ive been getting by with a five quid hatchet from the garden centre for the past 8 yrs or so. This is gonna be fun!
    Congrats, I have their felling axe and I am very pleased with it :-)
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Hobo
    I bought myself a rab sil-tarp 2 as I realised it is roughly half the size and weight when packed as the dd 3x3. I need to seam seal it first. It's rather nifty. I have a pic of the two lying side by side although I can't get it uploaded for some reason. I also bought myself the tbs boar and the snugpak special forces bivi bag to go with my snugpak kestrel sleeping bag. It's crazy how the money goes and you reply to your partner with the old I have shown you that already have I not when quizzed about shiny new gear.