Thread: What Have You Bought Now!!!???

Quote Originally Posted by Ehecatl View Post
    There's a simple formula for calculating the amount of bushcraft related kit you need (whether it's tents, knives, rucksacks, smocks etc).

It's N+1 where is the number you already have. Simple.
    Haha I like your thinking! The "it's only 1 more" has been working so far..... Though another good one I use is quietly adding things to my haul (either hiding it with them or when deliveries come unnoticed) because when it's there it means I've always had it! If questioned the response is "I've had it for ages just never used it"

Quote Originally Posted by quidditys_shore View Post
    Haha I like your thinking! The "it's only 1 more" has been working so far..... Though another good one I use is quietly adding things to my haul (either hiding it with them or when deliveries come unnoticed) because when it's there it means I've always had it! If questioned the response is "I've had it for ages just never used it"
    Lets hope she doesn't read this the mate! LOL
    If there are no women around and a man says something, is he still wrong?

Hobo
    I recently bought a fetching red MilTec Assault 36l

and a Nallo 2 GT, also red....Still married, luckily enough.

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    2 clear Karrimor Tritan 1 Litre bottles brand new on sale bargain bucket price 50p each
    Regards
    David

My new purchase Muurikka-Leisku,

After seeing one in action I had to have one, folds up and there fore takes up less room than my black iron frying pan.
    Here it is in action with my Muurikka 3ltr campfire kettle.

Cheers
    Tim
    "Travel a thousand miles by train and you are a brute;
    pedal five hundred on a bicycle and you remain basically a bourgeois;
    paddle a hundred in a canoe and you are already a child of nature."

Could not find my "guksi" so I grebbed one from the local supermarket. Mine is without the flag.
    Also some noodles, energy bars, instant hot chockolate and instant soups for the SAR grab pack.
    Large excercice next week involving the local Rescue Dog handler asscociation, Norwegian Peoples aid, The Red Cross Rescue Services, The Police and the Coast Guard.
    We'll be doing urban and beach search ops, and we are required to bring food for the first 24 hrs as per SOP. So need something I can just
    soak in hot water and get down me neck fast when an oportunity comes allong, or just eat out of my pockets.
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

The ammount of kit that goes AWOL in this house

So had to get a new 320z Nalgene bottle as well...I guess it's time to clean up that shed, take stock and see what else needs replacement, fixing or has gone AWOL during the winter...
    things have sort of migrated to everywhere but where they are supposed to be...
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Samuel Hearne
    Fishy I know that feeling when I cannot find what I am looking for and when I go to my garage its a nightmare as its full of bushcraft stuff, fishing stuff, purse nets, long nets, snares and what ever kit I had left over from when I was in the army, also what ever else I find to put in there.

Decided to grab a bit of a luxury item. Been thinking about getting one for a while after trying many other lighter chairs and them being crap in one way or another. Webtogs were doing them for £70 (Usually 80+) so pulled trigger. I did look for same OEM design on Aliexpress hoping to save a bit but couldn't find same design so went for the branded.

Alite Mayfly 2.0

Has anybody here used/using one of these? Seem to be very comfy judging from people have said.

Comparison between the three I was considering...
    "Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!​​"

Was looking at that chair or something similar earlier Adz.

Is it the one that weighs just over a pound in weight and you can strap it to your pack.