Thread: What Have You Bought Now!!!???

Natural Born Bushcrafter Midge_Fodder's Avatar
    K and R mirror sighting compass. Well my old friend the Silva Ranger died it's death. The needle somehow detached from the centre and was laying on the bottom of the capsule. Got this as a replacement, I'll report back when I've had a good go with it, see how it holds up.
    Border Bushcrafters

Isn't it nice when someone says "that's a great piece of kit, where did you buy that", then you can modestly reply "you can't buy it, I made it myself". The moral is, it's amazing what you can achieve if you put your mind to it.

"No better burden can a man carry on the road, than a store of common sense." - Hávamál: 10

http://midgefodderbushcraft.blogspot.co.uk

British Army sleeping bag compression sack for my Artic bag.

Bivvy bag from the USMSS this one is to mod with a mozzi net in the top.

A new timing belt, set of brake pads, cam position sensor, and EGR blanking plate for my van....pricey !
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper View Post
    A new timing belt, set of brake pads, cam position sensor, and EGR blanking plate for my van....pricey !
    MOT time?
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

No...belt slipped eeek luckily valves still ok
    [

Tribal Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapper View Post
    woahh!! i got away with only buying new 210 cm boot laces this week thank god!! lol
    'Experience is the most efficient teacher of all things,'

Natural Born Bushcrafter Midge_Fodder's Avatar
    Nothing worse than dear car parts
    Border Bushcrafters

Isn't it nice when someone says "that's a great piece of kit, where did you buy that", then you can modestly reply "you can't buy it, I made it myself". The moral is, it's amazing what you can achieve if you put your mind to it.

"No better burden can a man carry on the road, than a store of common sense." - Hávamál: 10

http://midgefodderbushcraft.blogspot.co.uk

I'm very pleased to say that Wayne beats me on the car parts. I only had to buy a rear wiper blade for a Peugeot 306. Wait a moment! I don't even own a 306?
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

I will beat you all, Fiat Ducatto van as my current Vivaro has knackered turbo, EGR valve fouling up, clutch nearing end of life which usually means that the gearbox is not far behind on these vans. I would be looking at close to £3500 to sort it out. Oh, and then there's the suspension that was an advisory on the last MOT...