Thread: What Have You Bought Now!!!???

Being gifted a one of these: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/produ...tent?a=1677985

The price mark-down makes them quite appealing.
    For quite some time I've been looking to acquire a tipi backpacking tent that wasn't too large nor too heavy. It says the weight here is 7 lbs/ a little over 3 kg, though one can simply replace the steel ridgepole with a trekking pole or a fashioned stave, and limit the mosquito netting and floor to spring and summer. Using the fly alone would cut down the weight significantly.
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    I was gifted this afternoon free of charge *arrived via Post a couple of these True Utility plastic box containers with magnifying glasses. They're cast metal & come with a real glass 5x magnification lens that fits on your key-ring & a strong scratch resistant alloy body. http://www.trueutility.com/products/eyeglass I received them for Bushcraft & trade purposes as I mentioned last year I was looking for such, then I found a resource for a similar but different brand Rolson magnifier. I did manage last year to use similar to start a fire along with Amadou as tinder. It's a useful item that I can include/exclude from my EDC kit bag pending the weather. Not very often that I can boast such here in Scotland. Summertime the best day of the year..
    Regards
    David

got a mini pry bar for my keys to save my knife tip.. and was gifted 2 huge lumps of flint from wayne (silverback) - thanks again buddy
    Last edited by jus_young; 28-01-2016 at 06:43 PM.

One with Nature
    hello,
    Shepherd where did you purchase the mini pry bar? any images/links? I've been thinking along similar lines for my pocket dump & EDC kit.
    Regards
    David

Quote Originally Posted by shepherd View Post
    got a mini pry bar for my keys to save my knife tip.. and was gifted 2 huge lumps of flint from wayne (sapper/silverback) - thanks again buddy

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gerber-22-01...s=mini+pry+bar

looked perfect for keys.. lots of other ones on amazon also...

One with Nature
    hello,

Regards
    David

Quote Originally Posted by shepherd View Post
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gerber-22-01...s=mini+pry+bar looked perfect for keys.. lots of other ones on Amazon also...

Samuel Hearne
    Not bought but gifted from Mick91 a very nice neck knife for SWMBO it is a well made tool and very nice looking, SWMBO is well pleased with it and we would like to say a big thank you Mick91

More than welcome! Hope it serves her for many years to come

Alone in the Wilderness
    Just got my new berghaus centurio 45ltr backpack with two Mmps side pockets. Can't wait to see what kit I can squeeze in.

Quote Originally Posted by Northan View Post
    Just got my new berghaus centurio 45ltr backpack with two Mmps side pockets. Can't wait to see what kit I can squeeze in.
    great bag. I've had the 30 litre version with the 10 litre pockets for a couple of years now. bombproof it is. I use the main pack every day and with the side pockets it will do me for a weekender. I sometimes wish I'd got the 45 when it's really cold but it would have been too big for my daily use.