Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cornish bushcrafter going Wilderness Gathering!!

Ahh, Mr Budd!! Don't worry, I planned to visit you plenty, must of read my mind! I'll be relieving you of some waterstones please, bribing you to put an edge on a variety of blades and re-engaging with you about a sharpening course I emailed you about on July (via Tris Kessell). You'll be bored with my face after Sunday!
    I'll try and stay clear of the old forge water and stick to fire water

And don't go near that stuff they sell as Cider. Can't miss it as I swear it glows in the dark. I was not good the next day after drinking a tub of that.

funny how many people are told to steer clear of the forge water and yet curiosity still gets the better of them. Its that big red button saying 'do not push' accompanied by peer pressure
    Dave Budd Handmade Tools knives, tools, wood, leather and courses making stuff! 2015 Course List NOW ONLINE!

I wouldn't want people to stay away completely from it, they would miss out on an experience. Life would be boring without a little adventure

I can't decide to drink from the hallowed altar or not now.... I'll wait for the sales pitch on the day! Is there a secret hand signal, password, badge or silly walk (prior to forge water) to recognise forum users or just wave a flag!? I'll probably pitch a tent instead of throwing up a bivi in the woods, but are any folk planning on camping close?

Banned
    Hopefully mr bud can partake in the drinking of water and his hand is better then I can ruin his false idea of craziness and replace it with a need for therapy

hello Mouse, where'd you come from?

Finishing off the anti-biotics tomorrow, so will be persuaded to sup a beer or two I'm sure

There are no secret handshakes (at least none that I've been privvy to!) and the only sales pitch is "here try my forge water. No? Go on, don't be a big girls blouse"
    Dave Budd Handmade Tools knives, tools, wood, leather and courses making stuff! 2015 Course List NOW ONLINE!

Banned
    [QUOTE=dave budd;93599]hello Mouse, where'd you come from?

Finishing off the anti-biotics tomorrow, so will be persuaded to sup a beer or two I'm sure

About time I was beginning to doubt the legends I've been making the pilgrimage from moot to gathering whilst harvesting pegs

Janso, from 'sunny' St Ives. I hope you have an ansum time at the wilderness gathering.

I've not tried forge water myself, but someone I know who has said, if you don't wear glasses before you try it, you might find you need a pair after trying some.

Sounds like good stuff
    Ansum La

this year sees a new improved recipe for the forge water, so even more fun

Mouse, does this mean that 'pegging' is going to spread to the Man Creche?