Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flint for trade

Flint for trade

Hey

after talking to another forum member, i have found that some people may have trouble finding flint in there area, where i live there is an abundance of flint in all different sizes, colors etc

so to help the ones that might not be able to get any flint or only small pieces, i would like to offer some for trade, i cant justify selling it.

at current i have 19 pieces, some of these bits have already been agreed upon to trade, but as an example here is a picture

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-08-11 10.35.54.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	9787

bare in mind it takes me about 5-7 hours in a single trip to gather the flint and to break it up from brick size bits down to smaller manageable bits, like in the photo

so if any one has anything they would like to trade then feel free to post a trade request, i dont mind what it is and we can come to an arrangement of how many pieces, sizes are going to be required for the desired trade item(s).

only thing i would ask is for postage to be paid on the larger bits of flint (brick size and above) depending on what items are being traded, as i would not want anyone to feel they have been ripped off, under/over traded etc, an as fair as possible policy.

this could be sorted out at the point of the trade where we are getting postage prices for our items.

I am selling/trading this/these item(s) as a private seller/trader and this sale/trade is in no way the responsibility of NaturalBushcraft.co.uk or any of its moderators. I promise to use this area to sell/trade unwanted kit, not to repeatedly list similar items in the pursuit of profit. I would like to add to this that i in no way intend to make profit from the flint i gather, but to receive items in trade for the time put into the gathering of the flint in a pursuit to help others that maybe in such locations that flint is not available.

pics available on request, sizes can be gathered to your requirements(time scale may vary on larger bits), please ask, international members are welcome to trade but please be aware of the laws and regulations that may be in place for certain items, also the cost of postage, just want to keep things as fair as possible.

hope this thread will be of some help to other members of this great community here at NBC

thanks

Madz

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    I am selling/trading this/these item(s) as a private seller/trader and this sale/trade is in no way the responsibility of NaturalBushcraft.co.uk or any of its moderators. I promise to use this area to sell/trade unwanted kit, not to repeatedly list similar items in the pursuit of profit.

hello Madz,
    As per PM details, I'll trade the Folding Saw (brand new boxed) for pieces of flint. Will arrange if needs be at a later date purchase of more flint if & when required
    Regards
    David
    Ps. I'll PM you when I post these
    Last edited by David_JAFO; 11-08-2013 at 12:58 PM.

Hello

thats fine David, thank you kindly sir.
    more is available if and when required, items should be with you sometime this week i'll post back here after posting them in discussed method with required details attached

thank you, happy to have been a help to you, the saw will undoubtedly be a great addition to my kit

cheers

Madz

One with Nature
    hello,
    Andy, 'DITTO' A Gentleman & a Scholar..
    Regards
    David

any other kit your after mate, that I could trade you?

Hi, Shepherd

what size bits are you after?? anything in particular shape wise??

always after leather, para cord, anything really, if you had anything in mind you think might be worth a trade feel free to say what you got, very rarely would i turn things down, one thing i am on the look out for is large feathers (2 foot long), i would like to make an old school pen.

drop me a PM and we can go from there, if you like

thanks for the interest

Cheers

Madz

just a couple of small bits bud to have in my kit as another fire option.. large feathers? like pheasant feathers? I have hundreds of them.. could send you some of them regardless! ill have a look over my kit and see what I have to trade, have a ton of paracord too..

they will do nicely, para cord is fine by me, every little helps as i'm using tent guy ropes at the moment for cordage, will arrange for the flint to be sent some time this week, when i send David's bits to him, i'll do yours too

cheers

Madz

PS: PM sent to you shepherd
    Last edited by MadZ; 11-08-2013 at 08:17 PM.

One with Nature
    hello,
    Andy, your folding saw is in the post (special delivery) requires a signature. Mailed before lunchtime, so hopefully pending your post, should be with you either tomorrow before 1pm or Wednesday latest. I'll track the item from here as to be sure of arrival enjoy
    Regards
    David

One with Nature
    hello,
    Another satisfied NBC customer, saw received at destination next day . Only glad I could assist Andy, I'll look
    forward to receiving the flint at your convenience to replenish my dwindling stock which is now nil
    Regards
    David