Thread: Dutch oven supplier

Dutch oven supplier

Just an observation, I have bought from Ronnie Sunshines in the past and been more than happy with the price and delivery from them, so I am not knocking them now.
    I have been looking at buying a 4 litre dutch oven and knowing very little about them checked the usual sources.
    Ronnie sunshines web site, cost £35.98 delivered with £1.00 discount for 122 loyalty points.
    Ronnie sunshines on ebay, Cost £35.99 delivered free. (obviously the cost of delivery needs to be inclusive)
    This is the same item so the loyalty points on the web site are in reality only worth £0.01 instead of the £1.00 stated . Not a problem, lets face it, if it's what I want I will buy it anyway.
    I can get different models for a cheaper price but this is not comparing like with like.
    So I have come to the conclusion that loyalty points are probably not worth anything unless you use a sole supplier and a quick check on sites like Amazon, ebay and dedicated suppliers reveals who can supply the best price and delivery. Any recommendations for a supplier of a good cast iron 4 litre dutch oven ?
    “For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.”

Try Military-mart, usually very competitive on prices, good people to deal with, and if you're in no rush I'll pick you one up and fetch it to Ruthin, saving postage....
    http://www.militarymart.co.uk/index....product_id=885
    non est vivere sed valere vita est life is more than being alive..........ALWAYS GIVE MORE THAN YOU TAKE

Ask not for a lighter load, but a stronger back.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sar-ian View Post
    Try Military-mart, usually very competitive on prices, good people to deal with, and if you're in no rush I'll pick you one up and fetch it to Ruthin, saving postage....
    http://www.militarymart.co.uk/index....product_id=885
    That would be great, and very kind of you. I will call the company and see if I can pay now and have it put aside for collection at your convenience. cheers Ian.
    By the way are we ready yet for the kit donations ? I have some to bring when required.
    “For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.”

Quote Originally Posted by BJ View Post
    By the way are we ready yet for the kit donations ? I have some to bring when required.
    Yes...Mike Wilkinson is holding the gear
    [

Natural Born Bushcrafter MikeWilkinson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapper View Post
    Yes...Mike Wilkinson is holding the gear
    Already passed it on to Ian to hold on to.
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=#8b4513]Wake me up when things are over, and I'm Wiser and older.

Hey BJ, no worries fella, I'll pay for it when I go to collect it, as I'll be purchasing some goods.... If anyone else attending Ruthin, would like anything for from MM I don't mind, and I maybe able to get some discount, but no promises........ Just fetch any kit donations along ............ cheers Ian....
    non est vivere sed valere vita est life is more than being alive..........ALWAYS GIVE MORE THAN YOU TAKE

Ask not for a lighter load, but a stronger back.....

Hey BJ, no worries fella, I'll pay for it when I go to collect it, as I'll be purchasing some goods.... If anyone else attending Ruthin, would like anything for from MM I don't mind, and I maybe able to get some discount, but no promises........ Just fetch any kit donations along ............ cheers Ian....
    You're a star.

Mmmmmm I better have a look at the site, wool blanketry is my fave purchase at the moment - wifey has a new sewing machine
    [

THere is a sit on ebay that start D-O off at 99p,you could get one a lot cheeper if the biddings right,