Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Plucking & Breasting a Wood Pigeon

breasts for me... ferrets get the rest

Wanderer
    Breast only for me the rest isnt worth the trouble. Pheasents and ducks-breast and legs. Rabbits-all the lot. Squirrels-back and legs(squirrels are very tough to skin but taste better than rabbit)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushdoctor View Post
    Breast only for me the rest isnt worth the trouble. Pheasents and ducks-breast and legs. Rabbits-all the lot. Squirrels-back and legs(squirrels are very tough to skin but taste better than rabbit)
    Are you of the same mind as me, squirrel has a taste of mild venison ?, Ken
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

all these tasty sounding critters that dont exist in australia

Quote Originally Posted by KaiTheIronHound View Post
    all these tasty sounding critters that dont exist in australia
    I know, but we aint got Roo's
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

Yeah, but we need a lot of lisencing etc before we are allowed to shoot one. Generally its only primary producers, they can aquire a culling lisence which allows them to shoot a certain number over the year. Unfortunately they are generally illegal to hunt otherwise, unless you are a professional hunter who does it to supply roo meat and skins.

Heres a quirk of NSW law. We have 7 species of feral deer in NSW, and its usually fine for you to shoot feral animals on your own property, or if you have a hunting lisence for state forest etc. However, the government have decided that they can make money off it, so now 4 feral species are protected for most of the year, excepting their hunting season.

Heres a quirk of NSW law. We have 7 species of feral deer in NSW, and its usually fine for you to shoot feral animals on your own property, or if you have a hunting lisence for state forest etc. However, the government have decided that they can make money off it, so now 4 feral species are protected for most of the year, excepting their hunting season.
    Aint that the truth bro. Same the word over , when they spot a way of coining it in for no output on their behalf, they are on it, Ken

Indeed, it always irks me, i have on occasion seen deer while out hunting this year, but i cant shoot at the buggers any more for fear of a fine. Oh well, theres always feral goats around

Indeed, it always irks me, i have on occasion seen deer while out hunting this year, but i cant shoot at the buggers any more for fear of a fine. Oh well, theres always feral goats around
    I love curried goat