Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Downland days.

Natural Born Bushcrafter saxonaxe's Avatar
    I'm glad people enjoyed the photos..

Quote Originally Posted by sausage100uk View Post
    nice pics, you cant be that far from my neck of the woods
    Depends.. I sold my house years ago, I live a wandering life on my boat, so moorings availability and the opportunities for maximum isolation play a part.

Here she is in Newhaven

And here on the River Fal in Cornwall ( above King Harry Ferry for the local lads.. )

These Downland photos were taken on the Hampshire -West Sussex border when I was moored down West and walked that area a lot.

But when I'm home in the UK, I'm never far from the Downland..

Quote Originally Posted by Tony1948 View Post
    Oh this green and pleasant land that is England..........nice one saxonaxe
    Shouldn't it be ' this yellow and pleasant land ' with all the rape thes days, Ken
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

Wonderfull photographs and eloquent verse to accompany, you dont have to be a genius to see the passion you have for the Downs
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

Quote Originally Posted by saxonaxe View Post
    Although I love the quiet and solitude of the greenwood, the rolling Downland around my home is also very special to me...
    Me too.
    I live on the North Downs. Much as I love the woodland, there is nothing quite as enjoyable and relaxing and meaningful for me than a wander atop the Downs.
    All those pictures of yours are just like here. I've seen and recognised them all. But the Kent side is better...
    'What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare' - William Henry Davies

Kestrels:
    https://foraknave.wordpress.com/

Thinking:
    https://thinkingthink.wordpress.com/