Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Abandoned mines and waterfalls

Natural Born Bushcrafter MikeWilkinson's Avatar
    I have almost the exact same pic of the lake, only mine has great big daft black lab swimming across the middle of it.
    Love Betws y Coed. Beautiful scenery excellent walking and biking. Thanks for prodding a few memories back to life.
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=#8b4513]Wake me up when things are over, and I'm Wiser and older.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeWilkinson View Post
    I have almost the exact same pic of the lake, only mine has great big daft black lab swimming across the middle of it.
    Love Betws y Coed. Beautiful scenery excellent walking and biking. Thanks for prodding a few memories back to life.
    That's what missing from mine and what it needs, a black lab to complete the picture.
    “For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.”

Quote Originally Posted by chrisj View Post
    Your dead right BJ abandoned mines can be very dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. The mines in that area are mostly metal mines which are renowned for false floors. Better sites for info are Mine Explorer and Adit Now.
    There are a group of us from Adit Now that meet up on Thursday evenings to explore various mines if you ever wanted to come along. Also I'm working towards my mine leader qualification and I'm always up for willing victims to practise on if you fancy a day trip sometime.
    I would be interested in a day trip, thanks for the info sites, once I found the mines I needed to know something about them. It's fascinating and the conditions the miners must have worked in are like something from hell.
    “For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.”

thats what got me so interested in box mine, some of these places should be museums

Cheers

Madz

Quote Originally Posted by BJ View Post
    I would be interested in a day trip, thanks for the info sites, once I found the mines I needed to know something about them. It's fascinating and the conditions the miners must have worked in are like something from hell.
    No problem mate. I've found that Mine Explorer has a better mine database but Adit Now is the better forum IMHO.
    Let me know when you fancy a trip and we can sort something out. I could take up to 6 so if anyone else fancies coming then the more the merrier. :-)