Thread: Bushmoot 2013

Bushmoot 2013

Never been to a Bushmoot before but was seriously thinking about taking the family on this one. Any one else going?

http://www.bushmoot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by jus_young View Post
    Never been to a Bushmoot before but was seriously thinking about taking the family on this one. Any one else going?

http://www.bushmoot.com/
    too busy/crowded 4 me, I like tranquility
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

I'll be there with my forge as always I'm likely to be there for most of the time this year.

Rasputin, it is as busy or crowded as you want it to be. The site is HUGE (woodland alone is over 100 acres, then there are dunes and rivers) and I have seen people turn up at the start and not seen them again for a week. Think of it as living in the sticks, you can stay at home in your village and walk the beaches and hills nearby, but then if you fancy it there is a bigger town a little way down the road for a bit of human interaction and to take in a show.

Its a great family event and a way of introducing newbies to the idea of bushcraft without bombarding them with kit salesmen like the Widerness Gathering. Lots of things to see and doo, or secluded places to hide out and walk from
    Dave Budd Handmade Tools knives, tools, wood, leather and courses making stuff! 2015 Course List NOW ONLINE!

And then there is THE NAUGHTY CORNER you can visit but you can never leave.