Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Anyone tried the one man trecking bushcraft tent from the Bushcraft Store?

oh well try again

Looks great if small .. We use a 3 man Colman tent for us both its a normal size if you know what I mean but it slits down between two very well for treking and is more comfortable once set up

Natural Born Bushcrafter saxonaxe's Avatar

Er? Here I think...(one man tent)

I wasn't too sure where to put this post but as it involves a piece of kit that has been discussed previously, perhaps this is the correct section.
    After the festival of Hlafmas I escaped to the wood, just three nights but it gave me a chance to use and photograph the Mil-Tec one man tent that we spoke about in another post. Usually I carry it just for over night stops when walking on the Downland as it's low profile and small area means it tucks away in the shelter of the gorse bushes easily, out of the wind and squalls which sometimes spring up very quickly from the nearby coast.

To call it a one man 'Tent' is a bit much probably.. One man sleeping shelter is probably nearer the mark.

I stood my Cold Steel Hawk against it for scale and you can see unless you're a Leprechaun you can't sit up in it even. My Thermarest and sleeping bag fit in with a few inches either end to spare. I'm 5' 10" and it's ok for me..but..if you sleep in a base layer or less and have to take your kit off...you'd better be flexible or get your kit off outside and crawl in... I used it with a small tarp rigged nearby for day shelter/cooking etc:

A bit deceiving that photo, the tarp is only about 5 paces from the 'tent' and could have been closer but the weather was fine and dry so no problem taking a few paces to crash for the night.

Anyway here's the view from the dining room..

The wood is silent as if recovering from the baking hot days that have just passed. Yesterday morning sitting drinking a brew at about 07.00 hrs I suddenly noticed a slight but noticable rain of falling Ash leaves. The wheel has turned..