Thread: Black & Decker Multi Tool - 12 Piece

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."

Black & Decker Multi Tool - 12 Piece

hello,
    Anyone have or used this Black & Decker Multi Tool - 12 Piece? I'm borrowing one later from a rep rrp £20.00
    slightly different from tool contained within the link, same parts but slightly different hand grips.
    http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs...tNumber=874933
    Regards
    David

Wanderer
    No scissors ????

Natural Born Bushcrafter saxonaxe's Avatar
    I'll be interested to hear your opinion of that at that price, David. I'm looking for something I can leave in the bike tool roll..

One with Nature
    hello,
    I've still to receive it as I was offered such for keeps from a Black & Decker rep. I'm still putting the Stanley multi tool through it's paces & that's holding out ok, not bad for the price & as suggested made by Gerber so should do as said on the tin (blade). I not sure if this one on offer has scissors as I only had a quick browse at the package, hand grips look slightly different as does colour other than that same spec. Add another inexpensive brand to the multi tool range.
    Regards
    David

Natural Born Bushcrafter saxonaxe's Avatar
    I have a 'Hilka' brand multi-tool which is identical (except the name stamp) to a Leatherman Super multi-tool. I'm confused slightly about some of the "cheap" brands, as the Hilka is well made, tough as old boots with a saw and pliers that are both very effective...and it was £12 !!!. Could almost be a Leatherman with a different name stamp, I appreciate just a name can add £££'s It lives in the car tool box but I've never been able to find another at the same price and the Hilka home site no longer lists it.

One with Nature
    hello,
    I agree with you on the "cheap" brands, but you have got to remember there's 'cheap & there's cheap' as you want a tool that does take a lot of punishment & still holds up, keeps an edge etc.. reliability the key word. Nearest Hilka stockist I'm aware of up here is House Of Sher (uk) Ltd Glasgow. Thanks for the share.
    Regards
    David

One with Nature
    hello,
    No Scissors I'm afraid Still to get field tested.
    Regards
    David
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd33 View Post
    No scissors ????