Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Strange One - How to stop a dog attack?

Wanderer
    You are running, carrying a water bottle, with a sports lid? spray it at the dog, or carry two one with gatoraid, that will desolve the dog in about half a minute. (have you seen what it does to chrome)

Go jogging with a mate who's slower than you.

I think that there should be a turnaround if you are going to use it for protection and I know that carrying them is prohibited with the though of it being a weapon which could be used to incapacitate someone.

What you could probably do is not to pull away the part that has been bitten as you have to conserve energy for when you feel that the bite is getting weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by rossbird View Post
    I've heard lots of stories of how to kill a dog which is attacking you. Never met anyone yet who has actually done it!!
    Lol like it! Thats like the 'I wasnt in the SAS but I know 10,000 men that were' one

There was a guy once in the local said 'its simple just pull its legs apart'...........so despite putting him in a full baiting suit he wasnt prepared to go 1 on 1 with the dog I had at the time.......I cant think why

Lets do the physics...... Male GSD avg weight 39 kgs (85.9 lbs = 6 stone) travelling at approx 25 to 30 kph at you

So P (momentum) = Mass x Velocity ....1170 kgs per m/s !!! (according to the website i visited ;-) )

Thats a serious amount of force on a Human weighing in at 100 to 150 kgs
    [

According to the elves at QI, if a dog clamps it's razors on your arm, you should insert a finger (or similar, whatever is at hand) into the mutts rectum. This is meant to make him release his grip. Like Sapper says though, not sure I'd want to test the theory....for several reasons...lol
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel

Quote Originally Posted by crazysaint222 View Post
    not sure I'd want to test the theory....for several reasons...lol
    average dog bites with 200 to 250 lbs of force - its going to hurt !!

I have been bitten, both accidentally (seperating dogs fighting) and intentionally (in training) even through a baiting sleeve it makes you wince.

They dont react to CS either !!
    [

Tribesman
    Quote Originally Posted by stracy View Post
    I think that there should be a turnaround if you are going to use it for protection and I know that carrying them is prohibited with the though of it being a weapon which could be used to incapacitate someone.

What you could probably do is not to pull away the part that has been bitten as you have to conserve energy for when you feel that the bite is getting weaker.
    But will there be any blood left by then
    Nobody wins, unless everybody wins