Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Woodland camp 26/27 July 2013at bush farm wiltshire.near dorset somerset border

Woodland camp 26/27 July 2013at bush farm wiltshire.near dorset somerset border

heres a chance for those that missed the last one in JUNE,anyone interested in a hang / camp at bush farm at west knoyle? its where the wilderness gathering is held.

Easy time ,relaxing. by fishfish_01, on Flickr

SLIGHT CHANGES THIS MONTH!

90% of the attendees have suggested an 'all in' package for the weekend so this i will do this time to see how it works,the july meet will be paid in advance to me to secure the pitches,i have previously been forking out for it from my meager family budget. this is what i propose:

£7.00 pitch fee per night stayed. ( £3.50 for over 4 years old and £7.00 for over 14 years old)This is the normal rate set by the campsite.
    £3.00 for the Saturday evening communal meal,kids eat free (just ask previous attendees how good the cooking is!)
    £4.00 for a sack of logs from the farm,i am eating away at my logs at home for next winter !lol

so for example if you plan Friday and Saturday night the total for your stay would be £21.00 and worth every penny.

For that money this month there will be a spoon carving workshop on the Saturday as well as ad hoc demonstrations by experienced bushcrafters attending on methods of fire lighting and net making and of course you get the use of all the facilities,toilets,showers,secure parking.

payments in advance would be appreciated by paypal (if you dont have a paypal account then just chat to me by pm) so mrs fish can buy ingredients for the meal and I can secure the 2 pitches needed for the amount of folk that have been attending this increasingly popular event.

If you are unsure if you are attending and need to pay on arrival that is fine,we are just trying to limit the running about during the weekend by the now very pregnant mrs fish!

shops within 3 miles also on site. would be a great chance to have a chin wag,and show of your kit not forgetting the bring and buy/swap table

We are not making any profit on this guys we are just covering the costs ,we can if need be show you reciepts,and we are doing this because we enjoy meeting such great folks.

link to bush farm info:

http://www.bisonfarm.co.uk/index.htm

thanks for looking.
    Last edited by fish; 06-07-2013 at 05:26 PM.
    www.jacksshed.co.uk A country living forum to compliment your bushcraft way of life.

Darn, I'm working that weekend! Oh well, roll on August.

yep August could be intresting,mrs fish is close to dropping the baby then,hey we could do a 'how to' on midwifery in the woods! lol
    www.jacksshed.co.uk A country living forum to compliment your bushcraft way of life.

update: mrs fish sayes 'not likely'!
    Last edited by jus_young; 06-07-2013 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Language Justin!

ok guys and gals,we are pleased to announce that there will be workshops at the next meet,thanks to mouse aand tillerman for their input,workshops as follows

Fish will be doing workshops in :

knife sharpening,

Netting needle and spacer carving ,

Spoon carving workshop ,

A tutorial by fish on tools and there use and then a chance to carve your own spoon .

Mouse040will be doing workshops in:

Nett making

A quick demo and then one to one help to make your own net needles can be provided if carving is not your thing

Bush jerky /

From making a traditional jerky stand and then producing jerky over the weekend tasters are given out or make your own batch pm mouse for details as all needed ingredients can be supplied

Thetillerman71 will be doing workshops in:

Basic trapping techniques

This is practical only we do not have permission to trap at bush farm so all traps will be dismantled after demonstration

Fire techniques different techniques and there history

Make your own bow set and create fire by friction

there is no charge for these courses to make the most of the chance to learn some new skills!

Hi Fish, is this meet open to anyone...? I've not been on the forum for long and it would be great to meet up with some of you guys...!
    Cheers
    Paul

I'll be there and I am bringing some friends from Romania. I'm almost sure Arry will wanna come along and could be bringing a friend or two.

I don't do workshops but if anybody wants to know stuff about stuff I'm happy to share what knowledge I have. Arry and I would be happy to be camp chefs if Mrs Fish wanna put her feet up for the evening.

What's your email address Justin - so I can pay by PayPal?
    Last edited by Ichneumon; 09-07-2013 at 10:19 PM.
    “If the apple won't fall - go shake the tree.”
    ― Isaac Newton

Yet again this sound awesome!!
    But I think swimbo has me booked out this weekend if not then I will be there in a heart beat!

Banned
    Anyone coming along who does natural cordage ?

Hi all , soz not been on in ages , hope all's well with everyone . I was wondering if it's to late to tag onto this meet . Also wondered if this site would allow me us to bring along our pooch if our boy can't have him for us ?