Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sharpening Stone Set Recomendations

I use Japanese water-stones, a combo stone with 1000 and 6000 grit stones. I have just ordered some Arkansas pocket stones from Bushcraft store, does anyone have any experience with these?

Quote Originally Posted by MASC703 View Post
    FWIW, since this type of sharpener has predefined angles for the rods, it may or may not do a good job depending on what kind of grind your knife has. I have one of these sharpeners and I noticed that it will get some of my flat grind knives really sharp but does a poor job on scandi grinds (at least on the knives that I have)
    Ah thanks for info bud.

I have a Condor Bushlore, would this sharpener be suitable?
    "Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!​​"

I think I will get a Fallkniven DC4 for out in the field touch ups.

Tramp
    Quote Originally Posted by ADz View Post

I have a Condor Bushlore, would this sharpener be suitable?
    well, I have a late 2011 model bushlore (the improved version) and its has a scandi-vex type grind with a secondary micro bevel on it. It didn't work that great on my bushlore but YMMV. I've heard that the latest models are closer to a full scandi grind. There are no absolutes but in general those type sharpeners really aren't angled for scandi grinds.