Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone from the North west ? - Lancashire, Cheshire, Manchester, Merseyside...

Natural Born Bushcrafter MikeWilkinson's Avatar
    Hi Brian,

Late evening the place is pretty much deserted, the odd rambler and dog walker but not too bad, if you go far enough into the stand of pines then the road isn't really a problem.

This end of the woods isn't half as busy as the other end near Tockholes village itself. Unfortuantely for us, there aren't many large wooded areas this far south in Lancashire, up on the moors there are a few out of the way spots, but these are really only suitable for hammockers as the terrain is really undulating. It is easier for solo or pairs as you can be a little more discreet.

The area should suffice though.

Last night was the first night that I've not been up there this week.

Look forward to seeing you there.
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=#8b4513]Wake me up when things are over, and I'm Wiser and older.

A great meet & greet last night with Mike ,Ian & Jack, weather perfect for an overnight in the woods.
    And what a breakfast
    Thanks once again Mike for setting that up
    Brian
    PS I will insert the Photos when I work out how to
    http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/fo...6&d=1302429000
    Last edited by Countryman; 10-04-2011 at 11:33 AM.

hi guys sorry couldnt make the meet mike, ian, jack, brian i ve had to have my fingers repaired due to re snapping the tendonn's so cant do any bushcraft for next 6 week defo be on next meet if thats ok guys

A great meet & greet last night with Mike ,Ian & Jack, weather perfect for an overnight in the woods.
    And what a breakfast
    I'll second that Brian, me and the boy had a great time. i'd like to thank you both for the info shared and the advice given to me and my son (he's still got ten digits lol).
    I even liked the wild salad leaves Mike gave me, and his nettle soup - but i enjoyed Brian's Jura more lol..... See you both soon i hope.....

P.S. - i'll put a vid on Mike when i sus that bow drill out (thanks again for that...).
    hi guys sorry couldnt make the meet mike, ian, jack, brian i ve had to have my fingers repaired due to re snapping the tendonn's so cant do any bushcraft for next 6 week defo be on next meet if thats ok guys
    Dont worry bout it BB we'll all get together again soon pal...
    There's no brew without fire.

Was a pleasure meeting you gents. Thoroughly enjoyed myself. Great company, great weather, lovely location (great whisky!!). I think the evening served its purpose in introducing ourselves. Next step to do a full weekend with a bit of knowledge sharing and workshops.

Hopefully get a few more to join us too.

Thanks again guys, look forward to the next one

Mike
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=#8b4513]Wake me up when things are over, and I'm Wiser and older.

Hey guys, I am from Feniscowles in Blackburn. Quite new to bushcrafting but not new to camping. I would love to get out for weekend if I have the time. Sounds like you guys really know what your talking about which would be great to talk and learn from
    "Fire-wood makes you warm three times; first collecting it, secondly shifting it and third when you burn it." - Ray Mears.

www.natureunleashed.co.uk - for my storm chases, astro reports and bushcraft/camping trips

hi mate pleasure to join us

im show we can sort somthing out im always willing to help with new skills

www.basicbushcraft.org.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Nature Unleashed View Post
    Hey guys, I am from Feniscowles in Blackburn. Quite new to bushcrafting but not new to camping. I would love to get out for weekend if I have the time. Sounds like you guys really know what your talking about which would be great to talk and learn from

As I have said before, I'm out most evenings up on the moors between Bolton and Blackburn. And I'm pretty sure we will be getting out for an overnighter again in the not too distant future, you are more than welcome to join us at any time. More than happy to share what ever knowledge I can.

Cheers guys, it sounds like fun
    "Fire-wood makes you warm three times; first collecting it, secondly shifting it and third when you burn it." - Ray Mears.

www.natureunleashed.co.uk - for my storm chases, astro reports and bushcraft/camping trips

Hi Nature,
    It is fun, especially when they're teaching you the constellations after a bottle of Jura....hahaha!!!
    There's no brew without fire.