Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone from the North west ? - Lancashire, Cheshire, Manchester, Merseyside...

Natural Born Bushcrafter MikeWilkinson's Avatar
    Hi Paul,

Rivington is pretty good, however it does get a little busy. The better place is about 10 mins drive further into the Moors near Darwin, a place called Tockholes. The South end of the plantation is usually pretty quiet any time of year and has some good foraging and wild life too.

There isn't much flat land about Rivi and what areas there are, are all within the Lever park area, and the reality is there should be no camping. However I always see small groups pitching up in the evenings and they don't seem to get moved on.

Still roughly in the same area as Rivi are Lead mines Clough, Healy Nab and Anglezarke Reservoir. they all have potential areas for a bit of overnighting but I have yet to stop over at any of them. I have spent a quite a few hours in day camps at them.

I'm in the middle of trying to get some proper permissions to use certain areas from United Utilities, but have had no luck as of yet.

Mike
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=#8b4513]Wake me up when things are over, and I'm Wiser and older.

Hobo
    Cheer, Mike. I think I might go up there on day in the week and have a look around. Thanks again.

Paul

Natural Born Bushcrafter MikeWilkinson's Avatar
    Paul

I work from home, so let me know when your up and I'll see if I can get out and meet you.

Mike
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=#8b4513]Wake me up when things are over, and I'm Wiser and older.

Im up for an overnighter, as long as it fits in with my shifts...

Hobo
    Hi mate l am trying to set a meet up in Delemere if you fancy it.

Paul

Trapper
    Is there still any northern chappies on here?. I am in Little Lever, near Bolton. Mac

Just outside clitheroe here buddy.

Ade.

Trapper
    Hi Ade, thanks for the reply. I am actually a subscriber to your utube channel. I thought to see how many "local" on here and maybe have a meet up and a brew, swap ideas etc. Wild mushroom and fungi always had an interest in, even bought recognition books, but never was confident enough. Didnt have the power of conviction that i 'd identified it/any properly.

Hi Mac, I'm in standish,

happy trails: keep the sun on your face, and the rain off your back...........

Hi Mac,

I'm in Liverpool & definitely would'nt mind doing a North West meet.

Tony