Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smile please Miss...

Natural Born Bushcrafter saxonaxe's Avatar

Smile please Miss...

Many times I have had visits from the Boatyard foxes, they walk over my boat with muddy feet and more than once I have woken up to see an inquisitive face peering down through the glass forehatch at me. So I decided to turn the tables and armed with my new camera...(built for idiots..just point and press the button..yeehah!) I waiting up in the boatyard.

Cheated a bit with a chicken leg bait, but it wasn't really needed. This years cub, a young Vixen seems to treat me as part of the Boatyard furniture anyway.. Out from the Bramble bush she came, stopped and looked when I spoke to her and then settled down to a chicken leg supper..

Vermin..yes, maybe, but they dispose of the Rats which would otherwise plague the tidal moorings here, so we live side by side without problems, getting on with our own lives as I'm sure the Gods intended.

I said " Good night Miss" as she walked away, and her left ear swivelled to my voice...

Tribesman
    Great pics
    Always special, getting so close to fellow hunters.
    Nobody wins, unless everybody wins

Enjoyed that,,

Check out my leatherwork: http://snowleopardleathergoods.jimdo.com
    Thanks,

Joel

Banned
    Good times , lovely pics

brilliant photos...

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    Great photos. Got a Fox family of 4 here too. Mr F-O-X as he is known, adult male, likes a wee treat now & again Dog Biscuits,
    he sits on the grass outside the fence & waits at night on his treat like a wee dog, great to watch, got loads of photo's of the night
    activity of the family. Don't you just love urban wildlife?
    Regards
    David

Natural Born Bushcrafter saxonaxe's Avatar
    I like to observe the wild creatures, but always remember they are just that, wild creatures. I know Foxes split opinions but I don't think it does any harm to photograph them and tolerate their presence, at least here along the river banks. There's lessons about survival to be learned from them anyway, back in the winter when food was hard to find, I watched one digging crabs out from under the pilings on the other side of the river..

Quote Originally Posted by saxonaxe View Post
    I like to observe the wild creatures, but always remember they are just that, wild creatures. I know Foxes split opinions but I don't think it does any harm to photograph them and tolerate their presence, at least here along the river banks. There's lessons about survival to be learned from them anyway, back in the winter when food was hard to find, I watched one digging crabs out from under the pilings on the other side of the river..
    Foxes in my area are big-time shy...I guess it's because of all the people who walk large pooches. Only saw one once, a few winters back, running across a frozen pond. But it's incredibly funny seeing people freak out in the woods at night when they hear a fox barking .
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

wonderful experience
    Campfires are best shared with friends.