Thread: BUG: Picture upload/attatch mismatch size restriction

BUG: Picture upload/attatch mismatch size restriction

I think I have found wrong setting or maybe a bug or could just be my side.

You cant add the same size picture via the "From URL" option that you can via the "From Computer" option. So for example if you want to add a remote picture you would need to save it to computer first then use the "From Computer" option instead of URL.

I noticed when I was trying to add some images to a recent post from an ebay sale, It wouldn't allow me to upload to the server via the image url because of size so I had to save first.

Preferably the image size limit should be same on both options because the server uses same bandwidth/resources either way. Its just that each option is convenient in different circumstances. For example if the restriction was other way round we would need to upload image from our computer to image host and use the URL option instead.

It's no big deal either way, Just thought I should report it.

Adam.
    Last edited by ADz; 01-07-2013 at 12:10 AM.
    "Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!​​"

The image sizing has always appeared to be this way. Images loaded directly onto the NBC servers are generally always limited in size, I think more for the volume of data that has to be stored more than anything, whereas images from sites such as Tumbler etc are larger. You can save images in photo albums on the NBC site and URL them over which does make them larger but is obviously a bit long winded.

Noted for future analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by jus_young View Post
    The image sizing has always appeared to be this way. Images loaded directly onto the NBC servers are generally always limited in size, I think more for the volume of data that has to be stored more than anything, whereas images from sites such as Tumbler etc are larger. You can save images in photo albums on the NBC site and URL them over which does make them larger but is obviously a bit long winded.

Noted for future analysis.

I know jus, What I'm saying is that the limits (For both uploads to NB) do not match.

Its a bit complicated to explain but you have 2 ways of displaying pictures on NB, 1. Uploading and 2. Remotely, There are also two ways of of actually uploading them, Computer and URL. What I'm saying is that the 2 upload options have different size limits so what you can upload from PC you cant upload (retrieve) from URL. If you want to view it remotely you can manually use the [IMG] tags and url or use teh "From URL" option and untick the retrieve option. Just to clarify, both the insert image options by default upload the said image to server.

It's not really about the server vs remote, Its simply that the 2 options to upload to NB do not have same file size although both options are virtual same its just the location the image comes from that is different. Hope that clarifies what I meant.

For example if I was uploading via URL it wouldn't be a photo anyway as I would just use the [IMG] tags to post remotely. I only mentioned it because I tried uploading a small image (Pic of a jacket) so that it would also thumbnail it but it wouldn't let me upload via the URL but I could upload same pic via computer.

Just to add, This wasnt been critical in any way, I was just posting it because I assumed it was a missed setting or maybe a bug so thought it best to post.

PS. Sorry for all the edits, Just been trying to re-word it as much as possible to clarify.
    Last edited by ADz; 01-07-2013 at 02:09 AM.
    "Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!​​"