Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How I set up my DD Hammock

How I set up my DD Hammock

I have been asked a few times about how I set up my DD Hammock, so I thought I would make a video to show you all how I do it. Its not a new concept but it works for me.

I bought a new Camcorder from China for £40, I guess you get what you pay for as the sound quality is terrible! I am now in the process of trying to return it (as if!?). So I used my old camera and the camcorder so the sound goes up and down. Hope you can get the idea, although I may remake it at some point with a better camera.

Trapper
    your right, the audio is terrible, lol. couldnt hear a word unless you were with in 3 ft of the camera..
    that aside, thanks for the video! not yet a swinger myself but i like to know what im getting into before jumping in, looks a sound idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Yungen of Bury View Post
    not yet a swinger myself but i like to know what im getting into before jumping in, looks a sound idea.
    want to borrow a hammock for the Ruthin meet ?
    [

LOL.....

I have been told I need to use a class 10 SD card (didn't know there was such a thing?!) which will give me a better picture and perfect sound! So I have been on Amazon and ordered one to arrive next week. Fingers crossed it sorts the problem out.

Quote Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
    LOL.....

I have been told I need to use a class 10 SD card (didn't know there was such a thing?!) which will give me a better picture and perfect sound! So I have been on Amazon and ordered one to arrive next week. Fingers crossed it sorts the problem out.
    All a class 10 card would do is give you better read/write speeds it wont improve quality of video. Your quality is determined by your camera, not card. For example even a class 4 card is ample for writing even 1080p video so whoever told you that is talking rubbish afaik.

Check your camera settings see if its set to a low quality profile by mistake, If so set to a high like 720p/1080p. It also sounds like your microphone is either knackered or just really low quality. You could try and external mic.
    Last edited by ADz; 23-06-2013 at 07:42 PM.
    "Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!​​"

Trapper
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapper View Post
    want to borrow a hammock for the Ruthin meet ?
    oooo yes please! although id need a tarp aswell... got a highlander elite xl sleeping matt though, not sure if that will fit the hammock..

Quote Originally Posted by ADz View Post
    All a class 10 card would do is give you better read/write speeds it wont improve quality of video. Your quality is determined by your camera, not card. For example even a class 4 card is ample for writing even 1080p video so whoever told you that is talking rubbish afaik.

Check your camera settings see if its set to a low quality profile by mistake, If so set to a high like 720p/1080p. It also sounds like your microphone is either knackered or just really low quality. You could try and external mic.
    The instructions state it requires a class 6-10 card are its the speed of the card that is causing the poor quality, so going to try this before I try sending it back for a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Yungen of Bury View Post
    oooo yes please! although id need a tarp aswell... got a highlander elite xl sleeping matt though, not sure if that will fit the hammock..
    one has a spare tarp too but we may have to beg enough stuff to rig it
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
    The instructions state it requires a class 6-10 card are its the speed of the card that is causing the poor quality, so going to try this before I try sending it back for a refund.
    Strange, never had a problem using below class 6 for HD videos before.
    "Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!​​"

Do you do many videos Adz ? Got a link ?
    [