Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got lucky

Tribesman
    What a fantastic stroke of luck.
    Hope you get many years enjoyment from your new permission.
    Nobody wins, unless everybody wins

Quote Originally Posted by Realearner View Post
    Well talk about luck, had to have a meeting with the landlord of my workshop, just general stuff. Anyway getting to the end I just asked if he knew anyone that had any woodland, like you do, and he casually goes yes I've got a bit just up the road.
    Ok, so straight in there and openly asked would it be ok to camp and do some bushcraft, open fires and all.
    And only said yes no problem at all as he has known me for several years. Well to say I was elated isban understatement as it's only about two miles by foot, and it's about five acres+ and could possibly be able to harvest some of the wood also.
    Now all I have to do is sort out my bloody work life.

Congratulations
    "Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!​​"

That is brilliant news - congrats!
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

well done mate thats brilliant news - I have also been given permission to sling my hammock by a local landowner in Wrexham - but its more of an estate rather than a forestry
    not many trees - well kept lawn,s they should be cos I cut them toilets on site etc - there are some restrictions like when he has pony club meets on site but I am told well in advance
    of any event he has planned, saturday nights are also out of the question as they have a car boot sale every sunday and we all know how early they start i like my lie ins
    Cheers Bri
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celti...517813?fref=ts
    To grow to be old and wise, you first have to be young and foolish
    I have everything I need - it's just the want's that are missing .

Quote Originally Posted by Realearner View Post
    Well to say I was elated isban understatement as it's only about two miles by foot, and it's about five acres+ and could possibly be able to harvest some of the wood also.
    Now all I have to do is sort out my bloody work life.
    EASY quit work, live in the wood..... simples................ cheers Ian..............
    non est vivere sed valere vita est life is more than being alive..........ALWAYS GIVE MORE THAN YOU TAKE

Ask not for a lighter load, but a stronger back.....