Thread: Trade Forum ?Bug?

Question Trade Forum ?Bug?

Cheers,

here is my question/problem/bug whatever you want to call it. The "Forum: Buy, Sell or Gift Kit" states that you have to have 50 posts befor you can sell. I have had 5 or so, and the main reason I registered here is because I wanted to buy a special item that is only available in the UK at that price.

The problem is, I'm not allowed to post in this forum, yet. Is this working as intended and you also need 50 posts to buy stuff? If so it would be nice to include that in the Rules of that subforum, if not it is a bug that probably needs fixing.

Take your time, enjoy nature,
    Corbeau
    I am in fact a Hobbit in all but size. I like gardens, trees, and unmechanized farmlands; I smoke a pipe, and like good plain food, (...); I like, and even dare to wear in these dull days, ornamental waistcoats. I am fond of mushrooms (out of a field); have a very simple sense of humor (which even my appreciative critics find tiresome); I go to bed late and get up late (when possible.) - J.R.R.Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Corbeau View Post
    Cheers,

here is my question/problem/bug whatever you want to call it. The "Forum: Buy, Sell or Gift Kit" states that you have to have 50 posts befor you can sell. I have had 5 or so, and the main reason I registered here is because I wanted to buy a special item that is only available in the UK at that price.

The problem is, I'm not allowed to post in this forum, yet. Is this working as intended and you also need 50 posts to buy stuff? If so it would be nice to include that in the Rules of that subforum, if not it is a bug that probably needs fixing.

Take your time, enjoy nature,
    Corbeau

You currently have 3 your post count is below your avatar. You indeed need 50 posts to be able to sell. This is to put off those who only come on here with the intention of selling their wares without contributing to the forum. As for the bug on buyers I will refer this to Ash who has the admin controls.

Im at a loss however to see why you needed to join the forum just to buy a UK bit of kit.....if its from a particular member then just send that member a personal message
    [

Hi Corbeau to the forum.You dont have to have 50 posts to buy off the forum,only to sell,Atb...............Dont get eaten by the bears.......TONY.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper View Post
    Im at a loss however to see why you needed to join the forum just to buy a UK bit of kit.....if its from a particular member then just send that member a personal message
    The piece I want is only sold at a chain called Maplin Electronics. Problem is, that they don't ship outside of the UK or Ireland and they are dropping it out of their program. So I have a list of stores where it is available and I simply need somebody in either the UK or Irland to either mailorder it or pick it up at a store and mail it to my german address, but that is sadly something, that doesn't work if you don't know people there.

And because of the modus operandi, it's probably a "buy" in the sense of the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony1948 View Post
    You dont have to have 50 posts to buy off the forum,only to sell,Atb...
    Thanks for the welcome. I know that, but to buy or to at least search for somebody seling stuff as in a WTB thread, I need to be able to post in that forum and that is not possible right now.

Thanks for the help so far,
    Corbeau
    Last edited by Corbeau; 14-06-2013 at 11:00 AM.
    I am in fact a Hobbit in all but size. I like gardens, trees, and unmechanized farmlands; I smoke a pipe, and like good plain food, (...); I like, and even dare to wear in these dull days, ornamental waistcoats. I am fond of mushrooms (out of a field); have a very simple sense of humor (which even my appreciative critics find tiresome); I go to bed late and get up late (when possible.) - J.R.R.Tolkien

You could have started a 'help' thread and detail what you help you needed.

So what is this item you desire from Maplin.. ? Which is probably made in China anyway
    Last edited by Silverback; 14-06-2013 at 11:17 AM.
    [

I sent you a PM...

I sent you a PM...
    Yes I replied...the torch you want is available (or one that is very similar) all over the internet, particularly on ebay for the same if not very close to the same price. You would incur quite high postage prices from UK to Germany as well.

Probably better to do some more research and order direct
    [

The same torch is available,

sadly only from the Maplin outlet on Ebay or Amazon Marketplace and they still don't ship to germany... a similar torch doesn't really cut it since most of them don't feature a lowpowermode with 40h runtime on a AAA, I don't really care about the shipping fees

for example royal mail:
    Airmail Small Packets
    Delivery aim 5 days Up to £20 for £3.00

not too high...so if somebody is willing to buy it and ship it to me...please shoot me a mail.

Cheers,
    Corbeau
    Last edited by Corbeau; 14-06-2013 at 05:21 PM.

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    Ebay or Amazon Marketplace
    eBay or Amazon will ship to other countries, even if eBay sellers don't state they will ship to your country often they will if you contact them and say your willing to add a few quid more to the order to ship it to you.

Understandably folk are weary of a new member joining and asking them to purchase items for someone they've never seen or met before - It sounds very scam like. I would politely say that members should not act as a drop-ship service for unknown folk on the net so please don't ask publicly on here for this again.

I'm not saying you are a scammer it's just something I want to discourage forum - it's not what I built this platform for.

As for buying from the Trade area - you can do this before you have 50 posts, it is the act of selling that you cannot do. At any point anyone can go into the "Buy, Sell or Gift Kit" area even if they're not registered, but what they cannot do is start new threads to sell gear.

Welcome to our community.
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace