Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: "Fire Paste"

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    to the NBC. I was reading this with interest. Tried & tested many years ago with a certain product similar to your 'cook book' recipe. Something you don't really want to mess with especially our younger NBC members, as this can cause very nasty burns. As Fish very kindly replied,"that's a way the yanks used to make napalm in the field but with diesel and soap."
    Regards
    David

One with Nature
    hello,
    We're not in Geneva
    Regards
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper View Post
    Napalm being illegal to manufacture and use as a weapon of course........
    Its against the Geneva Convention

Quote Originally Posted by David_JAFO View Post
    hello,
    We're not in Geneva
    Regards
    David
    I know, and its actually the LOAC these days as you are no doubt aware...

My point being the legality of manufacture.... It would certainly be a thing our younger members would only want to try using under direct adult supervision and not bother making at all
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Mercian-Steve View Post
    It's basically made from grinding up or shaving a bar of soap until it is nothing more than flakes, no bigger than a finger nail,
    Do you think using a cheese grater would be about right?

M@
    Last edited by Ehecatl; 09-06-2013 at 03:00 PM. Reason: grammar
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Sounds dangerous if you ask me, I would advise not trying this or at least doing outside were possible fires will have less to damage?

In my experience this type of fire lighting is just not required to make a small campfire in the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
    In my experience this type of fire lighting is just not required to make a small campfire in the woods.
    It's more a survival, SHTF method...as Steve said he got it from and i quote "one of his SF mates".
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper View Post
    It's more a survival, SHTF method...as Steve said he got it from and i quote "one of his SF mates".
    I assume SHTF is something sticky hitting a fan? In which case it will never get used by us living in a civilised world as most of us who have not served for our country will never know the meaning of survival. I have a huge respect for our armed forces but this sort of thing is not something to be used in day to day life. It should kept for the armed forces who are trained in this type of chemical fire. I'm sure our ex-forces members will have all sorts of tricks that are not for use in everyday camping.

If any of you are going to make this stuff, please be extremely careful, who knows what could happen if you mess up with what sounds like a very hazardous chemical mix.

Good luck and be safe!

whats the best ratio of soap flakes to lighter fluid?
    If there are no women around and a man says something, is he still wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
    I assume SHTF is something sticky hitting a fan? In which case it will never get used by us living in a civilised world as most of us who have not served for our country will never know the meaning of survival. I have a huge respect for our armed forces but this sort of thing is not something to be used in day to day life. It should kept for the armed forces who are trained in this type of chemical fire. I'm sure our ex-forces members will have all sorts of tricks that are not for use in everyday camping.

If any of you are going to make this stuff, please be extremely careful, who knows what could happen if you mess up with what sounds like a very hazardous chemical mix.

Good luck and be safe!

We do have a forum section specifically for SHTF / TEOTWAWKI / Prepper discussion so this kind of thread has an 'appropriateness'.

And in the case of ex forces posters 'yes we do'...

Several warnings have been posted by mods and members alike particularly to our younger members.

Adults are free to make their own decisions, if a forum member wishes to take this info, which is incidentally freely available on the internet, and at one time was in print in a certain book..(which is illegal now AFAIK) and use it then so be it....

As this thread topic is more in keeping with TEOTAWKI/ SHTF/ SURVIVAL it has been moved to this area of the forum
    Last edited by Silverback; 09-06-2013 at 04:31 PM.
    [

One with Nature
    hello,
    Well said Sappper

Regards
    David