Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Site on Dartmoor

" Charcoaler "

New Site on Dartmoor

hello everyone im new so please forgive mistakes and stuff. iam setting up a beautiful secret 12 acre site on my own land witch i have been working on for 2 years, hopefully for other like minded souls to enjoy was thinking first free camp for help and advice, hope it doesnt turn into one of those silly facebook things where millions turn up to wreck my long term plans. all the best marcus

Hi Marcus and welcome!

I suggest you speak to Ash, Martin or Matt (founder and moderators) about this. Might help you coordinate/control access for you.

Cheers

Steve
    Loud words. Spoken softly. Leave no Trace!

Hi Marcus welcome to the forum,I bet in a couple of days you'll have a lot of frends from down that way.Most of the guys on this site now wot there about, and we all respect the land ,you will only get good &helpfull advice from the guys off this forum that turn up,...............atb.......TONY

" Charcoaler "
    thanks for replies do i put email address or tel no on here or would that be foolish ?

I would send a private message to Ash, that way no email or numbers are listed in the public domain.

Link to Ash's profile

Then click "send Private message"
    resnikov

"You can do loads in 12 minutes. Suck a mint, buy a sledge, have a fast bath"

My blog & twitter

Talland Bay.. An pleg-mor Kernewek hag a wra kovyow
    Agree with the others.. You want genuine folk there that Ash can vouch for, not anyone just wanting to turn up and get lagered up..
    A bit of help on the land in return for some bushcrafting is a great idea.. I have been involved in things like that before and it can work well if organised well..

Welcome Marcus... You probably didn't see everyone's eyes light up... I did

For sure, I think a few of us would really appreciate the opportunity for a quality site for bushcrafters. I'm in Wales but even so, I'd travel for the opportunity to spend a few days in a decent spot.

As others have said, Ashley (based in Cornwall) is site/forum founder and will see you right.

Paul.
    Don't sweat the small stuff - and it's ALL small stuff...!

" Charcoaler "
    Thanks resnikov I have sent a private message to Ash will await his response or advice. Hopefully it will all come together and we will all be able to meet in the not too distant future. It is somewhere very special.

Marcus

" Charcoaler "
    quite surprised at initial response, just to whet the appetite direct access to the open moor, secluded and peaceful, natural spring water, woodland, beautiful running stream, plunge pools, natural shower, plenty of firewood, safe vehicle parking, only a 15 min walk to site. Camp together or spread yourselves out.

Marcus

" Charcoaler "
    finding it difficult to contact anyone to put me right, is it correct to ask anyone for a phone no ?