Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Summer Solstice

Well I hope those heading out tonight have a good one tomorrow morning.

I've had to amend my plans as I'm now doing a 6am start in work tomorrow. Had to knock the overnighter at Boscawen-Un on the head (going to do it Sunday night instead now). But not a complete bust. I'm still going to get up before sunrise and head up to the Knill, at the top of near by Steeple Hill (from where you can see the North and South coasts of Cornwall). Should be a nice spot to take in the dawn.
    Ansum La

All the best to all as K.S. says.

Hail Sunna rising!

SWWS
    We owe the debt of our blood to our ancestors and our skills to their perserverance.

Quote Originally Posted by rawfish111 View Post
    All the best to all as K.S. says.

Hail Sunna rising!

SWWS

likewise...

SWWS
    [

"Avoid stonehenge" would be my advice. Traffic last night coming along the A303 was horrendous. It's amazing I didn't actually kill someone. I was shaking with rage at the Cooperative food truck who sat in the right hand lane to block me for no other reason than he thought the merge that was 800m ahead should happen there and then. I took his registration, and if we ever meet again...

any pictures of the sunrise? anyone?
    www.jacksshed.co.uk A country living forum to compliment your bushcraft way of life.

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    any pictures of the sunrise? anyone?
    not in Yorkshire my friend its been hidden behind cloud all day
    [

No pictures sorry, as it was windy mizzle here at sunrise and my low tech digicam is dependably unreliable in such conditions.

The sunrise was kind of eerie, all the birds chirruping before dawn, fell silent and the wind that is usually quite sharp at the top of Steeple Hill, dropped off to a gentle breeze. I was the only soul about, which surprised me, but I got to enjoy a peaceful few minutes of quiet and calm as the sun rising, brightened the cloud cover.

Definitely worth getting up early for, but I am feeling the early start now. Siesta time soon, I think
    Ansum La