Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: What you going to buy next/On wish list?

"Neigh"Certainly look good !.David.and been functional,makes it /them even more desireable.!!
    Thought the first attempts at copying,were good.considering,he would need to make some special punches,etc.
    atb.mike.
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

My walking boots need replacing. Think I am going back to good old fashioned leather boots. Gore tex boots just stops working in a short time, and just not worth it.
    So back to Norwegian army M- 77 boots. Nice non slip sole, all you need is to get them large enough to wear some felted wool socks in them and your feet are always toast.
    There is some more maintenance, but a good shoe brush and a tin of KIWI will keep your feet dry for many good hours...yup...thats what I want.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	57825_Norsk_forhandler_Alfa_M77_Feltst_vel_1.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	13193
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Quote Originally Posted by FishyFolk View Post
    My walking boots need replacing. Think I am going back to good old fashioned leather boots. Gore tex boots just stops working in a short time, and just not worth it.
    So back to Norwegian army M- 77 boots. Nice non slip sole, all you need is to get them large enough to wear some felted wool socks in them and your feet are always toast.
    There is some more maintenance, but a good shoe brush and a tin of KIWI will keep your feet dry for many good hours...yup...thats what I want.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	57825_Norsk_forhandler_Alfa_M77_Feltst_vel_1.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	13193
    They look pretty sturdy. I used to love my german para boots, I had two pairs last me ten years between them. i think they would have lasted longer if I'd looked after them better. anyway they were so hot and heavy in the summer so now I use walking boots. but they're nowhere near as solid feeling.

My mora has served me well but I am getting a replacement custom made for me, Osage orange handles, kinda like the mora #2 but 01 and 1/8" thick. I am very excited as it will be my main carry neck knife and get a lot of use! I will post a pic when the guy is done, but that is about it except some ferro rods I might be getting soon

Quote Originally Posted by Pootle View Post
    They look pretty sturdy. I used to love my german para boots, I had two pairs last me ten years between them. i think they would have lasted longer if I'd looked after them better. anyway they were so hot and heavy in the summer so now I use walking boots. but they're nowhere near as solid feeling.
    They are not to bad witha decent insole and a pair of thick wool socks in them. The outer sole, is very grippy and non slip, but that comes at a cost. They tend to rot away after 4-5 years. These are sold by civvy retailers, but what people used to do back when everyone did national service, was to nick a pair when we had done our one year of millitary service. When it was worn out, you just gave it to a friend or a relative who was doing his bit for king king and country, and he would take them to the depot and replace them. That way you had free boots for life, lol. But you had to start off with a pair of genuine millitary issue with the correct stamps in them. The ones sold on the civillian market are the same, but lack the stamps.
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum