Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What you going to buy next/On wish list?

What you going to buy next/On wish list?

Whats on your next/wish list? New brew kit, Stove, Tent, Hammock, Tarp, Knife, Saw, Axe, Tool, Backpack, Sleeping bag, Sleeping mat, Tool? Etc etc etc..

Thought it would be a good idea to start a thread about what is on your wish list or what you're planning to buy next and why so why can share ideas and maybe get new ones.

I'll start us off...

Next:
    *DD Frontline Hammock (Or other brand)
    *DD 3x3 Tarp (Or other brand)

-I have been tempted for a while to try a hammock/tarp setup for various reasons so think this is going to be my next big purchase.

Wish list:
    *Jungle Green Osprey Exos to replace my Grey/Orange version.
    Or different pack altogether (pref olive/green or brown).

-Love Exos pack but don't like the color. Was waiting for one to come on ebay for a while and although didn't like the color the price was a bargain.
    Last edited by ADz; 27-05-2013 at 09:56 AM.
    "Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!​​"

Some wool cloth to make a shirt - much more satisfying making than buying
    [

Stuff I need:
    A bigger tarp, a lighter tent.

Stuff I fancy, but could live with out:
    A bota bottle, USGI cookset.

Stuff I would like someone to get for me, as I'm too tight to buy them myself:
    Mini Peak II, Haglofs rugged mountain pants.

I'm also on the hunt for material to mod a couple of pairs of trousers I have, which are still good to go, except for the frayed leg ends. I intend to trim / replace the frayed ends and reinforce the knees and backside. Might prove to be a complete waste of time, but if the idea in my head, translates to practical modifications, I'll have more usable walking / camping trousers, which is not a bad thing.
    Ansum La

must admit I have a hankering for a 4 x 4 DD tarp in coyote brown, and maybe a lifesaver bottle but after that I more or less have everything i need, and a raft of stuff I dont
    [

Tribal Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapper4083 View Post
    must admit I have a hankering for a 4 x 4 DD tarp in coyote brown, and maybe a lifesaver bottle but after that I more or less have everything i need, and a raft of stuff I dont
    same here!! lol funny how we procure allsorts of kit that we use a few times and then find the kit we need and cant do without is 1/5 of what we have!!!!
    'Experience is the most efficient teacher of all things,'

top of my wish list is 2000 acres of virgin Canadian/Alaskan/Swedish/Norwegian forest to call my own...with a log cabin and some animals
    [

Hammock of some kind, maybe the highlander nova as its tarp mossie net and hammock combined for 45 quid.

Kernoweck - I got a 1.7lt bota last week and its really cool, more convenient than my nalgene bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper4083 View Post
    top of my wish list is 2000 acres of virgin Canadian/Alaskan/Swedish/Norwegian forest to call my own...with a log cabin and some animals
    , fancy a bigger DD tarp, love there kit, winning euro-millions lottery ticket.

Top of my wish list : all former, and serving services personnel and families treated with the respect they deserve, and given as much assistance as they need, instead of screwing them over,

sorry, but you did ask............... cheers Ian...
    non est vivere sed valere vita est life is more than being alive..........ALWAYS GIVE MORE THAN YOU TAKE

Ask not for a lighter load, but a stronger back.....

A large bergan type rucksack. Prefarably one with detachable side pockets that can be made into a daypack. Should be around 100liter capacity.
    A 3 season sleeping bag.
    A hatchet
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

wool shirt, new pack, and more fencing to re-re-re-enforce my chicken house... want it like fort knox so mr fox doesnt get any more ideas..