Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Morning Bimble near Chorley\Bolton

Natural Born Bushcrafter MikeWilkinson's Avatar

Sunday Morning Bimble near Chorley\Bolton

Hi Folks,

It was mentioned at the last pub meet about getting out and doing another walk\bimble\meet up. I'm up at Lead Mines Clough between Bolton\Chorley and Blackburn most Sundays and wandered if anyone would like to join me. There is plenty of wildlife up there and a bit of foraging. Would only be for a few hours in the morning as I usually have a few family commitments and to be honest it doesn't take too long to walk around. (Although I probably stomp through it usually, when getting the Dogs out!!)

Alternatively the South side of Tockholes is always pretty good, specially up around the old manor ruins, away from the crowds that start at the pub\cafe in Tockholes itself.

No specific dates or times yet, just seeing whose interested.

Would like at some point to try and get a regular thing going with different walks around the area, maybe a few day bushcraft sessions around the area as we are limited in where we can overnight. I'm pretty happy to share what limited knowledge I have, whether it is a bit of Debris Shelter building (Bring the kids!!) or some cordage making. Providing we are sensible could probably do a bit of fire craft as well - using hobo stoves to contain our efforts.

So those interested let me know.

Mike
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=#8b4513]Wake me up when things are over, and I'm Wiser and older.

Deffo up for that, work/family commitments allowing........ cheers Ian....
    non est vivere sed valere vita est life is more than being alive..........ALWAYS GIVE MORE THAN YOU TAKE

Ask not for a lighter load, but a stronger back.....

Trapper
    same, im in provided it doesnt clash too much with family commitments.. tomorrow is a bit short notice, and cant do next week as my other half is working all weekend, but after that i reckon i can sort it out
    dont worry about leaving me out if you do want to do it either of those weekends, but do keep me in mind for any other ventures please

on a side note, brilliant idea. good way to get out into the world without having to arrange a full weekend with stop overs.

Trapper
    Hi mike,

I would be interested, i think i saw you at the taramack event today while food foraging walkabout, with Ade. Sorry should have come over and said hello, I am planning to get up to the tockleholes abit more this year want to learn abit more about tracking animals. So count me in. Cheers Phil

Just thought Ian, Haigh hall and Lady Mabel wood are not to far from your neck of the woods, could probably do something around there too. Maybe some foraging along the Canal.

Thinking maybe Lead Mines Clough for the first one - Sunday Morning of the 2nd June. I've got a family function at 2pm at Moss bank Park so will probably be only the morning maybe 10:00 till 12:30\13:00ish. If that is no good for everyone, happy to take suggestions, however I'll be there regardless.

Mike
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=#8b4513]Wake me up when things are over, and I'm Wiser and older.

depends on my shifts, just been informed we are to under-go a re-structuring to facilitate a dynamic new phase in the progression of economic viability............. Yeh I know, It's management speak for we are about to shaft you again....
    non est vivere sed valere vita est life is more than being alive..........ALWAYS GIVE MORE THAN YOU TAKE

Ask not for a lighter load, but a stronger back.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sar-ian View Post
    depends on my shifts, just been informed we are to under-go a re-structuring to facilitate a dynamic new phase in the progression of economic viability............. Yeh I know, It's management speak for we are about to shaft you again....
    more hours less pay !!!

Bri
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celti...517813?fref=ts
    To grow to be old and wise, you first have to be young and foolish
    I have everything I need - it's just the want's that are missing .

Trapper
    Quote Originally Posted by Sar-ian View Post
    my mind reads, we want more money, we arnt making it, so we are going to pay less of you, so we can keep more of it

Trapper
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeWilkinson View Post
    Just thought Ian, Haigh hall and Lady Mabel wood are not to far from your neck of the woods, could probably do something around there too. Maybe some foraging along the Canal.

Thinking maybe Lead Mines Clough for the first one - Sunday Morning of the 2nd June. I've got a family function at 2pm at Moss bank Park so will probably be only the morning maybe 10:00 till 12:30\13:00ish. If that is no good for everyone, happy to take suggestions, however I'll be there regardless.

Mike
    Hi Mike,
    If its ok could I gate crash on this morning meet mate, god knows I need this practise at anything bushcrafty. So if its ok just let me Cheers.
    Last edited by freedom; 19-05-2013 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by freedom View Post
    Hi Mike,
    If its ok could I gate crash on this morning meet mate, god knows I need this practise at anything bushcrafty. So if its ok just let me Cheers.
    Wouldn't be gate crashing, all are welcome. It might just be a foraging bimble, might not be too bushcrafty this time around, but gives us a chance to plan another one.