Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A 2 night camp with minimal kit.

Trapper
    Not sure if it's boring? It's a great read mate. I really enjoyed it. I have to stay at home to work when the family go away at the end of the month and I have 2 nights off in that time. I'm hoping to get out and about for at least one of them. I'll be in my hammock and carrying my hobo stove and hope to have a simple and rewarding few nights. I wouldn't have faith in my carving skills to make a pot hanger so it'll have to be a hobo stove or maybe a white box. I'll be honest and say I'm hoping to get a camper van this year to get my kids a little more interested in holidays with a bit of outdoors thrown in but the idea of minimal camping and LNT is still the basis for my ideal stay in the country.
    A great write up and some good pics, I'd be very proud of that post if I'd done it.
    Infamy infamy, they've all got it in for me.

Samuel Hearne
    That is a good write up and like the photo's also where you have taken them of the kit you took with you, thank you.

Trapper
    brilliant, thanks for sharing that...see pm
    a beginners blog, its just for fun:
    http://www.preppercraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Absolutely superb write up there fella. Looks like the camp was everything that you wanted it to be.

Well done to you sir.

Ade

Brilliant! Really enjoyed reading that and it looks like you had a great time! That countryside looks fantastic. Can you say where it is?
    If there are no women around and a man says something, is he still wrong?

Great write up fella, thanks for sharing
    Ansum La

Sweet!
    thanks for the motivation mate ive been planning on doing the same thing at the Bushcraftshow later this week once I find a nice bit of the woodland to call my own for the weekend when I get there

Great pictures too

Good job! Next time try scraping your bark to make some fine shaving. More surface area equals better chances with your bird's nest. I constantly pick up likely tinder and keep it in a small linen bag in my pocket or in my haversack. Good luck!

"This is Liberty Hall = you can spit on the mat and call the 'cat' a b*st*rd!"
    Last edited by SilverBinder; 08-06-2013 at 12:44 AM.

Banned
    Stunning location as always mac you eat better in the woods than I do at home

awesome man, love that way of camping out, maybe a bit more minimal for me but only as i dont have the kit for it yet, small bag of gear and me knife and flint, with a kettle is about as far as you'll find my gear goes at the moment, rough and ready style i call it

cheers for sharing your experience

all the best

Madz