Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: What have you learnt today?

Lightbulb What have you learnt today?

If only we could learn something new every day, life would be so much easier.

But in reality everyday life it can be much harder to get out of the day to day routine and learn something new.

So the challenge with our past time is one of knowledge and skill, some days we will learn a massive amount, others we fill refine our skills. If we can learn just one new thing when we go out to the woods then it will worth its weight in gold.

Today I found my first pignut, only a little thing but something I have been looking out for now for some time, and its been bugging me. So once found I have now honned in my senses to the suroundings I found it in, the type of soil it was in and most important the mental imprint of how to ID it.

As the tittle says, what have you learnt today? Or what will you challenge yourself to learn?
    I have found if you focus on a few things you want to learn rather than the large topic of Bushcraft you focus your learning curve and see the results.

So guys and gals, challenge yourself to learn something new today (sounds like super market rubish..) little bits of knowledge or skill will boost your confidence and give you a sense of achievement.

Happy learning people

I learnt that box stitching is difficult, but I could do it!

Joel

I learnt that clas Olson do great deals on bushcraft knives

Show us it then Joel,dont just tell us,and a link to clas Olson BC knives would good

I learned that teaching year 1 & 2 kids can be challenging
    [

I have learned that looking at forum members work on this site costs me money, thanks to Justin. Great craftsmanship
    Campfires are best shared with friends.

When your climbing through someone's window the blind will always go the wrong way and get tangled in your boot laces....

Natural Born Bushcrafter saxonaxe's Avatar
    Learned that an old 12 strand bowstring (Dacron) when unwound and de-tangled makes a great thread for sewing leather..

I learned that giving the fit bird in the office wearing a white blouse a water pistol, then enouraging a water fight is a great way to pass the time when board at work......