Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tea or Coffee?

Tramp
    Yorkshire tea all the way...Yorkshire gold if feeling flush!

Definitly tea - preferably green or puerh.

Coffee is poison to me...

Tea first thing, pg tips,very strong,no sugar. Then coffee for the rest of the day,at home it's "dowe egberts" at work it's what ever comes out of the machine.

I hate starbucks (big coffee along with big pharma, big science et al)....HOWEVER.... I like the sachets they sell. I take Italian roast and Columbian roast sachets everywhere with me. I buy them in bulk from Amazon (who I also hate.... hypocrite or what?!) so they are not too expensive. Black, no sugar please. As for tea..... I only ever drink tea to wash down either bacon rolls or toast not too fussed on brand just make it strong with 2 sugars and milk.

Yorkshire tea and nescafe for me.

Coffee in the mornings, tea up to early evening, Rum before bed.....

Tea first thing in the morning, has to be strong, plenty of milk and two sugars. Usual supermarket coffee for the rest of the day with milk and two until early evening, and then tea until bed. I drink the occasional cup of normal tea bag mixed with an Earl Grey one and maybe three or four times a week drink propper coffee, my favourite being Lava Java which is six on the strength scale.

I use one of these infusers for coffee most of the time. They are excellent when you are out in the woods and are tough as old boots.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nothing-but-...rds=tea+filter

Tribal Elder
    AM +coffee PM + tea!!!
    'Experience is the most efficient teacher of all things,'

There is a scene in the film Mona Lisa, where Bob Hoskins is waiting in a hotel foyer, while the lady of the night he is driving for is upstairs entertaining a client. The concierge wanders over and asks him if he would like a cup of tea while he is waiting, Bob says he would and the concierge further enquires if would like Darjeeling, Earl Grey or Lapsang souchong. A perplexed Bob looks at the concierge for a moment and then says 'No...tea?!?' and with a knowing nod of the head, the concierge goes off and fetches him a cup of teabag tea.

That is pretty much me, teabag tea, not fussed about the brand, just like it strong, milky with lots of sugar.

I am a bit more particular about coffee. When I lived up London way, I used to buy various beans from Greenwich market and grind my own blend, which was entertaining. These days I make do with Taylors of Harrogate Hot Lava Java, best wake up juice I know
    Ansum La

Coffee in the morning for me, used to get it from Whittards of Chelsea, but they don't have a store any where near me now so I settle for Illy but it has to be peculated in a pot rather than blasted by steam as I like it bitter, black no sugar. Then from 2pm Tea, Earl Grey 2 sugars and just a slight introduction to the milk. I'll also make do with Taylors, and used to make my own blend with the different beans from Whittards

Tea....any kind , as long as it's actually tea in the tea. None of those flavoured teas thank you!
    Just plean tea and sugar! Thats it!
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum