Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Excited - First full 2 day hike.

Quote Originally Posted by f0rm4t View Post
    I reckon I'll be all right mate. But thanks anyway ha!
    Cheers everyone, Bottoms up!
    Attachment 8402
    Now I'm liking that little receptacle, full of water I trust (fire water that is)

Alone in the Wilderness Gunny Webb's Avatar
    Escuse me for being new here, but what are the "badger rules?"
    If you sign up for a Survival School and it's cancelled for poor weather, you missed very little.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny Webb View Post
    Welcome to our little community... First rule is you go to the introductions thread and report for duty, and whilst there read unit standing orders he he Sorry couldn't resist
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny Webb View Post
    "badger rules?" Nope ...enlighten me. Unless you're talking about farting etiquette! Then Ehecatl will explain.
    Last edited by f0rm4t; 13-01-2014 at 08:16 AM.
    Paul

• You’ll never be lost if you remember that moss always grows on the north side of your compass.
    • While the Swiss Army Knife has been popular for years, the Swiss Navy Knife has remained largely unheard of. Its single blade functions as a tiny canoe paddle.

My YOUTUBE Channel
    My INSTAGRAM: paul_r1chards
    Leave no trace

Oh and Badgers are a protected species here in the UK so its illegal to disturb thenm....period.....unless of course you're a government official with a rifle on an authourised cull...( Which was a faulure and the govt minister concerned blamed the badgersd for moving the goaslposts...sneaky badgers eh ?)
    [

Quote Originally Posted by f0rm4t View Post
    Also on the 2013 list is walking the entire North Down Way from Farnham to the White Cliffs of Dover. Not sure about the pink slip on this one though! May have to section hike it.
    Did you do this?
    It's something I have been meaning to do for some time. I've done just about all the Kent side, but only in sections.
    Talking with my bushcraft companion yesterday and we've decided that this year we are going to do the whole thing in one whallop! Haven't decided which direction to do it in yet - merits and demerits to either option.
    What it does mean, though, is that from tomorrow when I walk to work (as I do every day) I am going to walk the 3 miles there and back with my Sabre, all full up, to get used to continuous walking with the weight! Wonder what work colleagues will say...
    'What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare' - William Henry Davies

Kestrels:
    https://foraknave.wordpress.com/

Thinking:
    https://thinkingthink.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Humakt View Post
    Did you do this?
    It's something I have been meaning to do for some time. I've done just about all the Kent side, but only in sections.
    Talking with my bushcraft companion yesterday and we've decided that this year we are going to do the whole thing in one whallop! Haven't decided which direction to do it in yet - merits and demerits to either option.
    What it does mean, though, is that from tomorrow when I walk to work (as I do every day) I am going to walk the 3 miles there and back with my Sabre, all full up, to get used to continuous walking with the weight! Wonder what work colleagues will say...
    Sorry for the late reply.
    No didn't manage it last year as I ran out of holiday. I did do a 2.5 day hike from home to my sisters in Crowborough, which was nice. just short of 40 miles.

My fitness was not really where I needed it to be either.
    I would want to do the 156 miles in a week meaning 22 miles a day with a full multi-day pack. I just wasn't physically ready.

Post Christmas, I've eaten to much and haven't worked out enough so I need to sort my shop out!

Would love to hear your plans as and when you're making them though!
    Paul

• You’ll never be lost if you remember that moss always grows on the north side of your compass.
    • While the Swiss Army Knife has been popular for years, the Swiss Navy Knife has remained largely unheard of. Its single blade functions as a tiny canoe paddle.

My YOUTUBE Channel
    My INSTAGRAM: paul_r1chards
    Leave no trace

I'm only starting to explore Kent myself,as my brother and sister live up there, due to work and I'm the only one who hasn't emigrated from the West Country I think I'll die here lol,Kent has some lovely spots better than I expected being s close to London,I have a sister in faversham which is lovely town and countryside,and my brother lives further down in eythorne nr deal,a little bit more baron countryside there,would love a meet with some Kent people off here.
    lifes good ,but even sweeter under the stars

Natural Born Bushcrafter Midge_Fodder's Avatar
    Last time I spent a night in kent it was in Reculver, coldest place on earth lol. Put it this way I slept in the car, it was either that or hypothermia. Kind of fancy exploring the south a bit more myself for a change.
    Border Bushcrafters

Isn't it nice when someone says "that's a great piece of kit, where did you buy that", then you can modestly reply "you can't buy it, I made it myself". The moral is, it's amazing what you can achieve if you put your mind to it.

"No better burden can a man carry on the road, than a store of common sense." - Hávamál: 10

http://midgefodderbushcraft.blogspot.co.uk