Thread: Cigar box tender

Trapper
    The beautiful San Joaquin valley in California in the U.S.A

Cigar box tender

Hey guys,
    I have discovered a new way to use old cigar box's.... BURN 'EM

I had a couple of old cigar boxes that were not suitable for using as storage, they were made either completely out of aromatic cedar, or had cedar linings. This wood was very dry, and I tried to use pieces of it to start a fire as kindling. Gosh ! it worked GREAT ! The panels are flat and weigh nothing, and can fit in a pack or bag easily . Burning cedar smells good too. Just thought I'd pass this idea along.

nilo52

I have done this myself and they certainly catch easily, but I'm unlikely to be given another empty box...!
    Campfires are best shared with friends.

Good Idea,

Joel
    Check out my leatherwork: http://snowleopardleathergoods.jimdo.com
    Thanks,

Joel

Natural Born Bushcrafter Midge_Fodder's Avatar
    I couldn't do that, I use them for everything including making guitars.
    Border Bushcrafters

Isn't it nice when someone says "that's a great piece of kit, where did you buy that", then you can modestly reply "you can't buy it, I made it myself". The moral is, it's amazing what you can achieve if you put your mind to it.

"No better burden can a man carry on the road, than a store of common sense." - Hávamál: 10

http://midgefodderbushcraft.blogspot.co.uk

oh christ no! dont burn them! string em up and get some bluesgrass on the go! there getting harder and harder to find!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sss.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	11638
    There is pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes,
    By the deep sea, and music in its roar, I love not man the less, but Nature more.

Natural Born Bushcrafter Midge_Fodder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernYeti View Post
    oh christ no! dont burn them! string em up and get some bluesgrass on the go! there getting harder and harder to find!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sss.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	11638
    Infact I think I might post a how to on this. I think anyone can make up a bushcraft diddly bow with a cigar box sound box.
    Border Bushcrafters

Isn't it nice when someone says "that's a great piece of kit, where did you buy that", then you can modestly reply "you can't buy it, I made it myself". The moral is, it's amazing what you can achieve if you put your mind to it.

"No better burden can a man carry on the road, than a store of common sense." - Hávamál: 10

http://midgefodderbushcraft.blogspot.co.uk