Thread: Media - Fishing

Thumbs up Media - Fishing

I start this post in order for people to share videos and pictures of their own or someone else's.

Trapper
    Awesome video (+1 rep).

As someone who hasn't done fly fishing before, I found HarryLFH's video fascinating. It's nice to see how people do things different from me (I normally fish from a canoe with a spinning reel).

I wish I had a vid of my own to show.

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    Harry how's the fishing going in Glasgow? caught anything yet?
    Regards
    David

Went for a nice evening walk with the family and dog on Saturday. Stopped for Fish and Chips at the best chippy in town and sat on the pier to eat them. I knew it was coming, purely a matter of time, and then the question came...

"When are you taking me fishing Dad?" to which I gave my usual reply of "As soon as I have time son". Problem is I never seem to have time so now I really should put everything else aside and take him out for his first fishing foray.

I haven't fished properly since my daughter was born 12 years ago. Same old thing, when the kids start arriving then the old ways of staying out all night on the beach soon disappear. Sold all my rather expensive gear, including beach, boat and match fishing equipment, and said goodbye to it all. But then I bought a couple of cheap extending rods and reels a while back with the best intentions of taking him out.

Just got to look up some of the old setups on tinternet now and get out there.

I do like to see a bit of moving water when I'm fishing. Great video, many thanks for sharing
    Only my dog can judge me

http://www.devilark.com.au/

Hello again, sorry for my late response. this video is not of my own, unfortunately, it`s just a video I found on youtube which I like a lot. David, I did wet a line in strathclyde river, quite in the city centre, I have to admit, didnt catch anything but I definitely enjoy the time and efford put. I will be going back and try few more times in different spots once I am done with my work.

A nice pike fly fishing

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    Harry no problem mate. It's great to hear you got to wet a line 'wash some worms' on the Clyde
    Regards
    David

Quote Originally Posted by HarryLFH View Post
    Hello again, sorry for my late response. this video is not of my own, unfortunately, it`s just a video I found on youtube which I like a lot. David, I did wet a line in strathclyde river, quite in the city centre, I have to admit, didnt catch anything but I definitely enjoy the time and efford put. I will be going back and try few more times in different spots once I am done with my work.

Nice :-)

I purchased a fly fishing set around 10 years ago. Took it out once and after losing 3-4 flies I cursed it, and grabbed my UL spinner rod instead.
    However I still have the rod and reel, and have now replaced the line, leader and tippet, and just waiting for the ice to get off the lakes to start the season. Meanwhile I am watching YT videos and practice casting every day. And I am at the point now where the pice of yarn I use as a dummy fly lands aproxximately where I want it too. This will be the year when I break the fly fishing code me hopes :-)
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Excellent vid . Fly fishing is truly an art of its own .
    I've used a fly rod for so long these past few years that I nearly forgot how to cast a spinning rod .
    My current setup is a Redington Classic Trout (3 WT 7ft 6in) paired to a Lamson Konic 1.5 fly reel with Rio Gold 3 WFF line. Works magic on small streams and in tight spots on the sides of ponds.
    The Midge dry fly pattern is excellent this time of year in my area .
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin