Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What sleeping bag?

I have the Corinthia Defence 4 - Army issue winter bag small pack size and Light with synthetic fill, It replaced a USMC ECWSS which I liked very much, the USMC system is very bulky and heavy

http://www.carinthiashop.com/en/

Neither are cheap but IHope this helps
    Last edited by Tigger004; 18-04-2013 at 11:04 PM.
    Campfires are best shared with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianMike View Post
    When I got my US Poncho liner, I loved it so much I bought a second one! Is what I sleep under in summer months, perfectly regulates the heat and is lightweight.
    They are a cracking bit of kit aren't they? Great for sleeping in or under and you can fashion a have decent hammock under quilt out of them too.

Definitely deserving of the woobie accolade.
    Ansum La

Quote Originally Posted by Kernowek Scouser View Post
    They are a cracking bit of kit aren't they? Great for sleeping in or under and you can fashion a have decent hammock under quilt out of them too.

Definitely deserving of the woobie accolade.

I use one as an under blanket too

[

Rab Ascent 500.

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/rab-asce...ng-bag-p205142

It packs down small and weighs not a lot. Bulk is one of the things I am always looking at keeping down to a minimum and this bag helps a lot. As for the temperature rating, been down to negative figures in the hammock without getting cold feet. Its a long term investment as far as I am concerned so had no problem justifying the expense to myself, but then I didn't tell swmbo before getting it

6' , 20st, 53" chest..... Army arctic slug for me... Got myself a little 1 season job too from aldi believe it or not...

Cosy warm on the last moot, Bringing both on this one.......
    Utringue Paratus

Northern Soul Bushcraft.......

Carinthia defence 4 , vango venom 300 down , mountain equipment firewalker 1 and a snugpak softie 3 ...the defence 4 is an amazing bit of kit lofting like a down bag but it doesn't pack down very well and its 2kg.
    oh well try again

I was after a down based bag as they are warm, light and pack down really well. Only problem is that good ones are really expensive but I managed to nab a new Mountain Equipment Xero 350 of ebay for £165 (RRP £280).
    "Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!​​"

I bought a rab accent 900 from go outdoors in a sale for £200 and its brilliant!!! Pack size I'd say is medium, weight is light for its size, comfort is bloody comfy! I'm 6ft with a 44" chest and the bag is far from snug fitting and as for warmth it's lovely and warm (just how I like it).

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/rab-asce...ng-bag-p205126

If you have the money to spend I would 100% recommend it.
    I have also herd that alpkit have a very good range of bags available which I'm sure a lot of people on here would agree with.

I guess I need to save abit there are some real nice bags but as always you pay for lightweight and small

Definitely check out Alpkit as Jefferson suggested. This is one company I keep forgetting to check when looking at my purchases. Had I remembered then I would probably have gone with one of their bags rather than the Rab.