Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Solo camp

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    People who leave their garbage behind really piss me off. The only thing that I leave behind is my foot prints, poo and a fire pit. If I can't burn it I carry it out.

Thanks KS

I have some more in my albums if you would like to look at them.

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by Kernowek Scouser View Post
    Deffo, you want to start your own thread with them fella
    Stop teasing me! I would love to go back over there again, I loved my last visit. It is a spectacular part of the world but I can't see me having the opportunity to return. Truly envious, but then I also like the landscape surrounding me here.

Trapper
    Quote Originally Posted by jus_young View Post
    Stop teasing me!

My apologies for going freedom

Stealth camping is such a strange idea to me, but it does sound like fun.

Trapper
    Quote Originally Posted by Kernowek Scouser View Post
    Deffo, you want to start your own thread with them fella
    I did, here is the link http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/fo...o-Album-Update

Quote Originally Posted by Ehecatl View Post
    Stamp - if you're challenged again just insist you are called Ashley or Martin. How are you doing accents?
    I've never been challenged myself, but I will keep that in mind

I try to use FC land as its not well patrolled down my way, even in the day, there arn't enough staff in my area to cover the land.

Just to get back on "topic" go for it Phil
    non est vivere sed valere vita est life is more than being alive..........ALWAYS GIVE MORE THAN YOU TAKE

Ask not for a lighter load, but a stronger back.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Isn't Connecticut about a days drive from Maine? I thought Maine was mountainous and wild, is it not?
    Some of us don't drive, and it depends where 'ya go in Maine :P. If I wanted to (legally) stealth camp somewhere fairly close-by without worry of any intrusion, I'd go off to the Catskills of New York.
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Trapper
    Quote Originally Posted by OakAshandThorn View Post
    Some of us don't drive, and it depends where 'ya go in Maine :P. If I wanted to (legally) stealth camp somewhere fairly close-by without worry of any intrusion, I'd go off to the Catskills of New York.
    OakAshandThorn, I'm being a jerk again making assumptions about people without being thoughtful as to how their circumstances and lives may be different from mine.

The Catskills are mentioned in Hollywood movies. The Catskills are kind of famous but I don't know anything about them.

Anyway back on topic. I'd be scared to stealth camp too freedom. Around here homeless people stealth camp and the police send their dogs in to get them. That and some landowners are trigger happy too.

Quote Originally Posted by freedom View Post
    Hi Guys,

This is request for some encouragement or stick to make me go out on a solo camp. I was moved on last year by the landowner when I thought I was stealth camping, I said sorry, packed up my stuff and left immediately. But I know a great spot for a midweek camp. So only thing which was knocked was my confidence and I am ashamed to say I am little scared. So by posting this I know I will not back out. (unless dog soldier shows his face) Cheers Phil
    Phil. Go for it. This is about your personal freedom of mind. Be not cowed. Be not oppressed. Choose your freedom. Do it! This is important for everything.

Arrive late. Be well prepared. Have minimal gear. Use a Dakota fire to hide your fire glow if needed. Leave early.

But do it!

The Land belongs to the people, and the people belong to the Land.

For the sake of us all.

Be Free!

(And if you are REALLY worried about being seen, get a climbing harness and a hammock and stealth camp up a tree. No one EVER looks up in the forest! And NOTHING beats the feeling of sleeping in a tree.)

Look at this picture...no one can see you. :-) http://www.bicycletouring101.com/get...lthHammock.jpg

Trapper
    Well thats for all your kind words and advice. Packing my gear tomorrow(minimal gear) and i will just go for it.
    Regards,
    Phil

Good on ya fella, don't forget a full report with pics is required upon your return
    non est vivere sed valere vita est life is more than being alive..........ALWAYS GIVE MORE THAN YOU TAKE

Ask not for a lighter load, but a stronger back.....