Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Solo camp

Trapper

Solo camp

Hi Guys,

This is request for some encouragement or stick to make me go out on a solo camp. I was moved on last year by the landowner when I thought I was stealth camping, I said sorry, packed up my stuff and left immediately. But I know a great spot for a midweek camp. So only thing which was knocked was my confidence and I am ashamed to say I am little scared. So by posting this I know I will not back out. (unless dog soldier shows his face) Cheers Phil

Give it a go fella. Pack light, camp simple and be prepared to scarper in a jiffy

Don't know what part of Pool you hail from and I'm not asking you reveal you chosen spot, but after emigrating from the concrete badlands of Garston, to gentler, leafier surroundings I spent a good chunk of my mid teen years exploring the many wooded nooks and crannies of Aigburth, Allerton, Woolton and Halewood. If your chosen spot does not pan out, might be worth having look there yourself.

But hopefully when you pluck up the courage to visit your chosen spot it will work out. And you will have a grand time.

Good Luck.
    Ansum La

Go for it!

You did the right thing to move on, if anyone challenges what you are doing its best to avaoid confrontation and leave without a fuss.

Might be an idea not to light a fire or put your tarp up until it gets dusk, most people wouldnt venture into the woods at night, unless they are dogging then at least you will have company...

Pitch late, leave early & leave no trace just like Stamp says
    [

Trapper
    excuse my ignorance.

I don't know what it's like in the UK but in Canada there are public lands set aside for people to use. Some of these places have restrictions on certain activities but other places have literally no restrictions.

Are there not any forest preserves in the UK? Where do you get your lumber from?

Also, here in redneck Alberta, camping on private land is a good way to get shot.

EVERYWHERE in the UK is owned by someone, the only places without wild camping restrictions are basically Scotland, moorland above 600m and Dartmoor.
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper4083 View Post
    EVERYWHERE in the UK is owned by someone, the only places without wild camping restrictions are basically Scotland, moorland above 600m and Dartmoor.
    Ye Gods...sounds almost like Connecticut!
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Some of the utilities companies own huge tracts of land and generally turned a blind eye to wild camping - sadly not anymore - well where I live anyway
    [

Trapper
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapper4083 View Post
    Whatever happened to the English commons?

What about Sherwood forest where Robin hood lived? Is it still there?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Whatever happened to the English commons?

What about Sherwood forest where Robin hood lived? Is it still there?
    Yes its still there, and its still owned by someone...The Crown, MOD, Church, Utilities Companies, Private Landowners, Farmers etc take your pick

more info here

https://www.gov.uk/common-land-village-greens
    [