Thread: Fallkniven TK5 Knife Review

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar

Post Fallkniven TK5 Knife Review

This knife is priced at around £370.
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Sorry Ash, but that's a stupid amount of money for a knife, particularly one as small as that. I fail to see how that can possibly be justified.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Phew... no I have got up off the floor after seeing the price...
    Do not mess with the forces of Nature, for thou art small and biodegradable!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Sorry Ash, but that's a stupid amount of money for a knife, particularly one as small as that. I fail to see how that can possibly be justified.
    Don't apologise; I agree mate.

Nothing wrong with a Mora I think £4 - £50 is a reasonable price for a knife. It'd have to be something special before I'd be willing to shell out near to a ton.
    Ashley Cawley

Leave No Trace

I find Fällkniven way too expensive aswell. Having said that; every time I get to hold one in my hands I want to get one so badly

There is, at least for me, no doubt, that Fällkniven are some of the very best knives out there, both when it comes to material quality and overall design, except from the, imho. quite plain, leather sheaths though. But still; the price tag is ridiculously high for a "run of the mill" knife - for that kind of money I could get at least one unique handcrafted knife, made to my own specifikations.

Regards.

Jakob

Quote Originally Posted by JEEP View Post
    I find Fällkniven way too expensive aswell. Having said that; every time I get to hold one in my hands I want to get one so badly ...
    I use and love the Fallkniven F1, now I've spent time with it and it's proved itself to me I can definitely appreciate the price-tag. But I can't jusify the price-tag of the TK5 above.
    Ashley Cawley

Leave No Trace

Wanderer
    After looking at lots of knife reviews and pondering hard, I decided on the F1 too. Seems to be really good quality. The sheath is ok, but i'd like to get a new one from Martin Swinkels.

http://martinsheaths.blogspot.com/20...in-sweden.html

I have the TK4 folding knife. Imho a great little pocket scapel which feels well put together, though f&f left a little to be desired considering the price of the thing.

Great blade -convexed laminated powder steel- nice that costs (to)much more then equally sized and competent alternatives.

Lovely but pricey.

Ymmv