Thread: A call for more descriptive thread titles!

A call for more descriptive thread titles!

I would like to encourage all you fine gentlemen and -women to please consider your choice of thread titles a little more carefully.

A good thread title should always describe what the thread is about - if the thread is a question, the thread title should be the question in short form.

A non-descript thead title also minimizes your chances of recieving good replies and answers to your questions - as no one can see from the title of the tread what you wish to tell/show us or what answers/advice you are seeking.

Bravo!

Any chance the character count shown can be tweaked? Times I've put a discriptive subject title on it, albiet a bit long, only to find the last 3-4 words are cut off in the forum...

I'll look into that.

"If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar

Lightbulb

As Jakob has previously said let's keep thread titles descriptive, it helps people in find your threads when they use the search box, then it becomes an efficient database of knowledge which is searchable for folk who visit after you.

For example I've just renamed a thread called: Preaching to the converted? to be: Can a week under canvas reset our body clocks?
    The first title tells you nothing about the content of the thread whilst the latter does tell you what it's about.
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

Natural Born Bushcrafter Midge_Fodder's Avatar
    I'll note this all for the future, Shug
    Border Bushcrafters

Isn't it nice when someone says "that's a great piece of kit, where did you buy that", then you can modestly reply "you can't buy it, I made it myself". The moral is, it's amazing what you can achieve if you put your mind to it.

"No better burden can a man carry on the road, than a store of common sense." - Hávamál: 10

http://midgefodderbushcraft.blogspot.co.uk

Noted,Though I read them all,irrispective of title!
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown