I've had a fly fishing rod sitting in the shed for 10 years. It has come on a few fishing trips, but I never caught anything. And fishing without catching is sort of...well I'lls say it: BOOOOOORIIIIIING!!!!!!!

Well, my teqnique probably leaves much to be desired. But yesterday my old fishing buddy visited. He is planning on completely converting to fly fishing gear this season, and want's me to com along on that adventure. I tried arguing that with all the bushcraft gear I have invested in, taking up fly fishing was a no go. Besides I only have that cheap ABU rod that has been sitting in the shed since time began.

Well he demanded to take a look at it and try it outside, so we did. And he meant that it's actually an excellent rod. And the local tackle shop is giving free fly fishing classes each spring at nearby lake. So I guess I was out of excuses.

So today I've been out in the garden practicing my casting, while the wife is thinking about calling the men with stretch jackets to come and get me. I am curently "ting tong bah bah boh boh mak mak!" in her eyes...thats Thai for: completeley crazy insane!

But she could not hide a smirk when I came back inside when she asked me if I caught anything...

I guess I have to take uåp fishing again then. It's been dormant for a year. I used to go several times a week. Mostly trout and arctic charr in the lakes using UL spiner rods, or beach casting with my surf casting and salmon rods + going out in my little SIB in the summer.

And now it looks like fly season can't come fast enough. Only problem....it's still 3 months until the ice clears off the lakes.

Butr I could go beach casting. The cod is in :-)