Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Axe mask

Quote Originally Posted by Tony1948 View Post
    I'll make you one Bud do you now is the blade the same size as the GB forest axe.Width across the cutting edge and lenth from bottom of blade to top of handle
    I'll get you the measurements in the morning. The axe is in the shed. But how much will it be?
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Dont worry about that..........about the same price as the flint.

Here is the measurements

May I have one request?

That the axe is secured by a leather strap with a buckle, not a press stud, and that the strap goes behind the poll/over the shoulder. That way it would be adjustable too. Alternatively that I can tie it on with some leather string to secure it.

Like on this one:
    I assume you will add materials to the bill :-)

Else, do as you please :-)
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Hi Tony,

I have recently bought the same Hultafors HY20 chopping axe, and could do with an axe sheath for it, so was wondering if you're still making these. Let me know as I'd love to buy one. I was planning to make one myself, but unfortunately having to clear my parents old house means I won't have time to learn this new skill for quite a while. The loft has already taken 3 weeks to clear, and only 2/3rds done

Cheers,
    EF

Between Savernake forest and Avebury stone circle
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectronicFur View Post
    Hi Tony,

I have recently bought the same Hultafors HY20 chopping axe, and could do with an axe sheath for it, so was wondering if you're still making these. Let me know as I'd love to buy one. I was planning to make one myself, but unfortunately having to clear my parents old house means I won't have time to learn this new skill for quite a while. The loft has already taken 3 weeks to clear, and only 2/3rds done

Cheers,
    EF
    EF, I'm afraid Tony1948 is no longer with us , according to some members he has passed away.

I'll see if I can find out if someone else on here does leather works...

Try here:

Beneath the stars leather work

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=120465

And there's Hamish Halfgoat ( Google it) who goes by the name of DREADHEAD on Bushcraft UK forum....
    Here's a link to his posts although this link is for a satchel, if you dig deeper you will find more...

Beautiful work...
    http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=138421
    Last edited by Woody; 19-05-2016 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Update

Yes, Tony sadly passed away last year. We still raise a glass or two for him at the Breakfast club meets though.
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    to the forum.
    Regards
    David

Hi Tony,
    Cheers,
    EF

Quote Originally Posted by Ehecatl View Post
    Yes, Tony sadly passed away last year. We still raise a glass or two for him at the Breakfast club meets though.
    Sorry to hear that. My dad passed away last year at a similar age, and was actually going to show me how to make a sheath for my axe.

In case anyone else is looking for this, I managed to find one that fitted perfectly and is nicely handmade on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Handmade-l...kAAOSwsN9XCkjD

The Husqavarna is basically a rebadge Hultafors HY20, so it fits both.

Between Savernake forest and Avebury stone circle
    In case anyone else is looking for this, I managed to find one that fitted perfectly and is nicely handmade on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Handmade-l...kAAOSwsN9XCkjD

The Husqavarna is basically a rebadge Hultafors HY20, so it fits both.
    I have to say, that's a great post!
    Good price on what looks like a solid axe mask! I bet that leather will age nicely too...
    Very helpful, thanks for sharing!