Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So then... Made any cool stoves, out of nothing? Would like to share with us.....

So then... Made any cool stoves, out of nothing? Would like to share with us.....

Well. Watching a video on here of a hobo-stove and meths mod. I thought I'd have a go at making my first stove.
    I need to add a couple more holes in the top as when I place my pot on it, it extinguishes the fire. Tomorrow I will simply do this It burns great when there is no pan placed oon top & is fairly fuel efficient!
    The reason the flames are so big, is because I had to hurry and use mums phone & I used a fire lighter, to start it.
    As I was in a hurry.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image4.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	14   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image2.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	15   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image5.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	16   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image3.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	17   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	18  

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    Great stuff Kieran! Yeah looks like you need more smaller holes along the bottom and top, but your well on your way

Post back and let us know how it develops.
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    Great stuff Kieran! Yeah looks like you need more smaller holes along the bottom and top, but your well on your way

Post back and let us know how it develops.
    I sure will!
    I'm don't think it needs any holes along the bottom?...
    I'm going to make some at the top. See how it goes! I'll put more pictures up aswell.
    Last edited by Kieran; 15-11-2010 at 07:24 PM. Reason: I accidently put :up: and that only works in chat..??

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Great stove Kieran. What are you using for a billy? You know the water will boil much quicker if you put the lid on?

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by broadie96 View Post
    ..I'm don't think it needs any holes along the bottom?...
    I'm going to make some at the top. See how it goes! I'll put more pictures up aswell.
    How many holes have you got round the bottom? I really do think it might need a few extra round the bottom, but like I say; start smaller. It's a learning experience so like you say cut some at the top first and try it, see how it performs.
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Put loads of holes in, in a pretty pattern and you could call it a round, non collapsible, 'Honey Stove'.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Yeah I do know. Thanks though I just don't have a lid for that little cup. and was in my bedroom somewhere Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    How many holes have you got round the bottom? I really do think it might need a few extra round the bottom, but like I say; start smaller. It's a learning experience so like you say cut some at the top first and try it, see how it performs.
    I dunno. 5 i think. and then the door...

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Put loads of holes in, in a pretty pattern and you could call it a round, non collapsible, 'Honey Stove'.

Martin
    hahahaaa :P Yes.
    I do like the honey stove!
    Hobey stove! (hobo - honey)

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Great stove Kieran. What are you using for a billy? You know the water will boil much quicker if you put the lid on?

Martin
    And once I get a billy... Yes I will use it
    Thanks Martin