Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Various Shrooms found in Wiltshire last year.

thanks for sharing - just goes to point out that unless you are absolutely certain its not worth risking eating shrooms
    [

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianRose View Post
    It's not a Blewitt pal. It's Purple stocking Webcap (Cortinarius stillatitius).

You'd be rather unwell if you ate this one fella.

Hope this helps.

Ade
    Awesome, thanks for the ID! Was there anything obvious that helped you ID this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon D View Post
    Awesome, thanks for the ID! Was there anything obvious that helped you ID this one?
    Glad I could be of help buddy.

I've been an avid wild food and fungi forager for roughly 20 years mate. First came across this one about 9 years ago growing prodigiously in a beech forest in North Yorkshire.

All the best
    Ade

Great stuff. Fungi is something I don't forage as 99% sure is 1% too little so apart from puffballs and the ones in cellophane I leave them alone.
    We owe the debt of our blood to our ancestors and our skills to their perserverance.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianRose View Post
    Glad I could be of help buddy.

I've been an avid wild food and fungi forager for roughly 20 years mate. First came across this one about 9 years ago growing prodigiously in a beech forest in North Yorkshire.

All the best
    Ade
    Cool. I've just subscribed to your YouTube channel, sounds like you've got a wealth of experience to share.

The stuff to me are the Bolete family, Penny bun aka cep aka that other one that I buy dried in a bag from the supermarket, Porcini

Dont risk it kids !!!!!

As a tip for ya !, buy Shitake mushrooms from the supermarket (when they are going cheap) and do the poor mans dehydrating method . 70 degrees and leave the open with a wooden spoon to keep the door open. Overnight.

Keep 'em in a "pour-n-store bag" from Morrissons. they make bovril smell veggie !

Have a go !

Found some nice King Alfred Cakes this afternoon.
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.