Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tree book

Quote Originally Posted by David_JAFO View Post
    hello,
    Try this link of interest - http://www.woodlands.co.uk/blog/tree-identification/
    Regards
    David
    David what an amazing web-site! thanks!

I had to do tree ID as part of my HND, the colins tree gude is excellent! Loads of good photos but it is a little limited to well known trees. I find it works best if you have at least two ID books for any kind of identification, this is one of the best books http://www.amazon.co.uk/Collins-Tree...4664881&sr=1-1 but if you want the best book money can buy get this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cassells-Tre...I1B2KRBRLXRZCI This is the book the top tree guys use, I have seen a copy but have not bought it yet. Basically the Black collins book is a scaled down version and is more than enough for you use.
    Stan

wow £195 for a book!!!!!! thats crazy lol

Quote Originally Posted by palerider View Post
    wow £195 for a book!!!!!! thats crazy lol
    +1 Thought I'd read it wrong... nearly fell over!
    We owe the debt of our blood to our ancestors and our skills to their perserverance.

I went to the library and took out quite a few, glad i did now, because i was able to take a bit from each book, and build up information which i found both informative and useful which i find no one book seems to have.
    The surrounding environment is the best erudite master to teach us the fundamental laws of nature and the basics of living in life.

[

Quote Originally Posted by freedom lover View Post
    I went to the library and took out quite a few, glad i did now, because i was able to take a bit from each book, and build up information which i found both informative and useful which i find no one book seems to have.
    dont know why i never thought of that myself lol

The surrounding environment is the best erudite master to teach us the fundamental laws of nature and the basics of living in life.

I've studied trees in the northeastern US for a fair number of years now, and I can readily identify nearly all native species in the area throughout the seasons. All bets are off when it comes to certain hybrids and introduced trees .
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin